Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  29y2mzv

The RP Season

Season: Autumn
Month: October
Day: 28th
Year: 2016
Bookmark the forum
Bookmark and Share
Latest topics
» Who I am (StellaX)
This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Eo1pl7YMon Aug 07, 2023 3:14 pm by Florawinx

» Winx friends
This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:20 am by winx.crasherr

» Winx Club Online is back! + Winx Adventure Social Game!
This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:12 am by winx.crasherr

» Join the discord
This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Eo1pl7YFri Mar 31, 2023 10:55 pm by Pokémon Trainer

» suggestion: add a contact up form
This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:30 pm by lmodern2

» Old Member... New Name
This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:24 pm by lmodern2

» Introducing myself
This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Eo1pl7YWed Aug 17, 2022 3:27 pm by Flora 24

» Returning Years Later
This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Eo1pl7YMon Aug 15, 2022 8:18 pm by musa225

» IF OUR OC’S WERE IN FATE
This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Eo1pl7YThu Aug 11, 2022 1:00 am by Pokémon Trainer

MAGIC SPOTLIGHT
CONGRATULATIONS to these two BelieveInWinx members for becoming Contest Winners on the forum contest, Melodic Inspiration!!

- ELEIYA LILUM

- VARDA ELENTARI
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Team

ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.imgur.com/3wGxPoy.png
SUPER MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/2w8wb51.png

MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/94OjYzI.png https://i.imgur.com/prGNouv.png https://i.imgur.com/tVJO9a5.png
RP MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/H6heUyJ.png https://i.imgur.com/UgDXH9Q.png
Statistics
We have 7398 registered users
The newest registered user is Inaaya

Our users have posted a total of 222731 messages in 5649 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!

Go down 
+7
Sailor Lily
GirlaPH
Fearless Diva
SarahTheGamerEmpress
Winx3450
zerowing21
Winxrox466
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Winxrox466
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
Winxrox466

Flora Riven
Hobbies : Stalking People from a distance

This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Empty
PostSubject: This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!    This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Eo1pl7YWed Jun 18, 2014 6:08 am

http://www.fairagenda.org/unhealthy_body_image

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2660110/Father-wants-Myer-stop-selling-super-skinny-Winx-dolls.html#readerCommentsCommand-message-field

Check out those links and look what this guy has to say, it's ridiculous

Here is what I have to say

Does anyone realize the dolls are simply based off of the show's characters and art style? The art style of the Winx Club cartoon makes the characters skinny and thin. It's just an art style, it's not an accurate representation of how your daughter should look. If your daughter likes the dolls and you're worried about how she will be effected by the thin body, can't you explain to her that normal girls don't look like that? That she's based off a cartoon? Not real life!

Maybe we should start a petition AGAINST this dude, he's cray.

They shouldn't take Winx dolls off the shelves just because some overprotective parent was concerned his FOUR YEAR OLD daughter was going to become anorexic. No one even said he had to buy it. if it concerns him THAT much, then don't buy the doll and don't watch Winx club.

Gosh, people make me so mad sometimes. It makes me type really fast and good xD
But back to the topic, get a grip man. It's like MyLittlePony. Girls aren't going to make themselves look like ponies (unless it's Halloween) now are they? I don't see "ponies" roaming the streets and neither do you.
Back to top Go down
zerowing21
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
zerowing21

PostSubject: Re: This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!    This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Eo1pl7YWed Jun 18, 2014 6:34 am

As a point I'd like to remind you all that young children are impressionable and some children will see something like a barbie doll with its disproportionate features to them as being the norm and want to emulate that as they grow older. Even if you sit down with a child, they won't necessarily understand the social and psychological reasoning for this talk.

This father is trying to protect his daughter from wanting to drive herself to become so thin as to develop one of the mental conditions that does this. I also like make a case and point that parents are over protective of their children and just want to make sure they don't get the wrong ideas. Even if they made proportionate dolls, someone would have an issue due to character art looking to sensual and parent don't want kids exposed to that at a young age. Companies try to market these things to young kids, but also remember that the target demographic is probably tween and teens. Also as a reminder, Anorexic and Bulimia are serious conditions that affect many females and some males in their teens to 20s, but also those in later life. I know most of this might go over your head.
Back to top Go down
Winxrox466
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
Winxrox466

Flora Riven

PostSubject: Re: This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!    This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Eo1pl7YWed Jun 18, 2014 6:51 am

If he's trying to protect her from Winx club then he should simply not buy the doll. Don't watch the show. Problem solved!
Back to top Go down
zerowing21
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
zerowing21

PostSubject: Re: This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!    This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Eo1pl7YWed Jun 18, 2014 6:56 am

It's not the show he's protecting her from. It's the body image itself. Advertisers place out this message that you have to super thin to look good. It's not healthy at all. He's trying to protect her future health.
Back to top Go down
Winx3450
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
Winx3450

Tecna Brandon
Hobbies : Winx Doll Collecting & Photography

PostSubject: Re: This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!    This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Eo1pl7YWed Jun 18, 2014 4:58 pm

What the.. what was he thinking? Oh a skinny doll better ban it from a store? Why Winx? Monster High and Ever After High are just as skinny? What the actual fairydust is happening?

Let's just go to his house and see what fans of ''anorexic and skinny fairies'' can do! Let's sign a petition for that! This made me so MAD  Mad 
Back to top Go down
zerowing21
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
zerowing21

PostSubject: Re: This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!    This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Eo1pl7YWed Jun 18, 2014 5:31 pm

If he saw them, he would probably say the same thing. Remember the disproportion that I mentioned from my previous post.
Back to top Go down
Winxrox466
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
Winxrox466

Flora Riven

PostSubject: Re: This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!    This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Eo1pl7YWed Jun 18, 2014 6:51 pm

Winx3450 wrote:
What the.. what was he thinking? Oh a skinny doll better ban it from a store? Why Winx? Monster High and Ever After High are just as skinny? What the actual fairydust is happening?

Let's just go to his house and see what fans of ''anorexic and skinny fairies'' can do! Let's sign a petition for that! This made me so MAD  Mad 

Me too! It's cray! It's an ART STYLE! Doesn't anyone realize that Winx dolls are based off of Winx Club the CARTOON AND IT'S FANTASY.

And btw, he needs way more than a measly 1,000 people
Back to top Go down
zerowing21
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
zerowing21

PostSubject: Re: This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!    This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Eo1pl7YWed Jun 18, 2014 7:21 pm

You two seems to fail to understand why he is doing this in the first place. It's to protect his daughter from developing the sense of an unhealthy body image when she is in her teens because of all the over exposure to it in society. Also, the two of you vulnerable to that kind of peer pressure to be thin thin thin due to your age. Don't blow off that anorexic isn't a big deal, because it is. You need to look at this from another point of view without getting mad.
Back to top Go down
Winxrox466
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
Winxrox466

Flora Riven

PostSubject: Re: This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!    This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Eo1pl7YWed Jun 18, 2014 7:29 pm

But he is the one introducing it to her, telling her about it and she wouldn't have thought anything about it if he hadn't said anything. When I was little I wanted barbies horse not her body
Back to top Go down
SarahTheGamerEmpress
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
SarahTheGamerEmpress

Musa Helia
Hobbies : PLL, Finding Carter, OUAT, Korra and more.

PostSubject: Re: This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!    This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Eo1pl7YWed Jun 18, 2014 7:35 pm

You saw the petition.. 1,387 people signed it because they find it inappropriate and promoting eating disorders and defies nature. Which it doesn't, but to them it does. Now this is a very strong topic as eating disorders shouldn't be taking lightly.

Humans from every age, especially females, are facing eating disorders to meet with society's image of perfection and beauty. At a young age, kids tend to look up to someone or a group of people and want to be like them. Most of the time it's their personality they'd like to have but others want to look like them.

They start eating less and mess with their mother's make up to try to look "pretty" and wear "cool" clothing and what not. Most parents would try to prevent that but some parents allow it, which is wrong! This father is trying to prevent that to happen to his child(ren). 

Even though Winx isn't trying to promote that but that doesn't mean it is actually promoting it, by that I mean like the dolls have that perfect body look to them which makes the kids want to be like them even though that's how the Winx do look like in the show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!    This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!  Eo1pl7Y

Back to top Go down

This Guy is OUT OF HIS MIND!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next