Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

Wizard of Oz Adaptations 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

Wizard of Oz Adaptations 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Wizard of Oz Adaptations 29y2mzv

The RP Season

Season: Autumn
Month: October
Day: 28th
Year: 2016
Bookmark the forum
Bookmark and Share
Latest topics
» Who I am (StellaX)
Wizard of Oz Adaptations Eo1pl7YMon Aug 07, 2023 3:14 pm by Florawinx

» Winx friends
Wizard of Oz Adaptations Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:20 am by winx.crasherr

» Winx Club Online is back! + Winx Adventure Social Game!
Wizard of Oz Adaptations Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:12 am by winx.crasherr

» Join the discord
Wizard of Oz Adaptations Eo1pl7YFri Mar 31, 2023 10:55 pm by Pokémon Trainer

» suggestion: add a contact up form
Wizard of Oz Adaptations Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:30 pm by lmodern2

» Old Member... New Name
Wizard of Oz Adaptations Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:24 pm by lmodern2

» Introducing myself
Wizard of Oz Adaptations Eo1pl7YWed Aug 17, 2022 3:27 pm by Flora 24

» Returning Years Later
Wizard of Oz Adaptations Eo1pl7YMon Aug 15, 2022 8:18 pm by musa225

» IF OUR OC’S WERE IN FATE
Wizard of Oz Adaptations Eo1pl7YThu Aug 11, 2022 1:00 am by Pokémon Trainer

MAGIC SPOTLIGHT
CONGRATULATIONS to these two BelieveInWinx members for becoming Contest Winners on the forum contest, Melodic Inspiration!!

- ELEIYA LILUM

- VARDA ELENTARI
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Team

ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.imgur.com/3wGxPoy.png
SUPER MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/2w8wb51.png

MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/94OjYzI.png https://i.imgur.com/prGNouv.png https://i.imgur.com/tVJO9a5.png
RP MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/H6heUyJ.png https://i.imgur.com/UgDXH9Q.png
Statistics
We have 7398 registered users
The newest registered user is Inaaya

Our users have posted a total of 222731 messages in 5649 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Wizard of Oz Adaptations

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Which pair of magic shoes are better for Dorothy
Silver
Wizard of Oz Adaptations OF8qjdp0%Wizard of Oz Adaptations Ck5wUFn
 0% [ 0 ]
Ruby
Wizard of Oz Adaptations OF8qjdp100%Wizard of Oz Adaptations Ck5wUFn
 100% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
BelievixKid100
Harmonix Fairy
Harmonix Fairy
BelievixKid100

Flora Helia
Hobbies : Hospital Volunteer, Drawing, Music, watching vids online.

Wizard of Oz Adaptations Empty
PostSubject: Wizard of Oz Adaptations   Wizard of Oz Adaptations Eo1pl7YThu May 30, 2013 3:29 am

Discuss any adaptation of the original book here. Everyone knows about the 1939 film and how blonde Dorothy in silver shoes became the braided brunette in the ruby slippers but there were some other adaptations such as a cartoon back in 1987 (I saw it through Cookie Jar's online video site) which stayed truer to the book. Here's an interesting fun fact about the slippers being ruby, it was done for the sole purpose of taking advantage of technicolor process, silver shoes MGM wouldn't settle for so they became ruby. Also in the books here's another fun fact All 4 lands the north, south, east and west have both good and wicked witches and according to the books their names are as follows below

I do like the adaptations based on the 39 film as well as the 39 film itself it's such a fun adaptation and had very catchy music

Good/Wicked in the color of their land
North:Locasta/Mombi
South:Glinda(she was chosen as the witch of the north for the 1939 film and recent prequel because she is the most powerful witch that we know of)/Singra
West:Gloma/Theodora (name from 39 prequel originally just the Wicked Witch of the West (I'll get you my pretty and little dog too!)
East:Abatha/Evanora (39 prequel's name originally just the Wicked Witch of the East)

Also take your vote on whether the slippers look better in ruby or silver
Back to top Go down
Verbeley
Enchantix Fairy
Enchantix Fairy
Verbeley

Tecna Helia
Hobbies : visual arts, music, fantasy

PostSubject: Re: Wizard of Oz Adaptations   Wizard of Oz Adaptations Eo1pl7YMon Jun 03, 2013 5:13 pm

Actually it's not the film that changed her hair colour, the book cover from early 1900s also show her rather dark as well as the costume of actress playing her in musical in 1902, so I actually wonder where was Dorothy mentioned to be blond- I haven't come across that so far(r I don't remember that), but I have still few books to go through.

And yeah though silver slippers sound better, ruby-red looks better Very Happy though of course that brings association with Glinda Very Happy

Honestly, though I'm not great fan of musicals, and it's close to it, I think it's great movie ^^
Back to top Go down
http://verbeley.deviantart.pl
BelievixKid100
Harmonix Fairy
Harmonix Fairy
BelievixKid100

Flora Helia

PostSubject: Re: Wizard of Oz Adaptations   Wizard of Oz Adaptations Eo1pl7YMon Jun 03, 2013 5:40 pm

The second or third book stated her to be blonde and Judy Garland was originally going to wear a blonde wig which was thankfully scrapped, Dorothy looks better as a brunette with blue eyes over the blonde hair. That bow design is actually the third design of the slippers, originally no bow then Judy Garland's favorite, the Arabian test pair which curls at the heel and toe then the current bow design which 4 known pairs exist one at Disney-MGM in Florida, one in the Smithsonian that I actually saw back in 2008, The Witch's shoes somewhere, and Judy's stand in's pair somewhere. I've also been to the Oz Museum in Kansas, funny story the night we were driving in it was a severe storm and I almost thought my family were going to end up in Oz or somewhere else over the rainbow because there was a tornado warning when we had originally planned to camp but ended up going into a hotel for that part of the trip and the next day we ended up doing our thing exploring the museum and seeing several of the pre-Judy Garland adaptations of which the Oz Portion of the museum is based on with everything else in displays. If you ever visit Kansas it's a fun place to go and look, I even got a few things from it and saw how popular the story has been for over a thousand years.
Back to top Go down
Verbeley
Enchantix Fairy
Enchantix Fairy
Verbeley

Tecna Helia

PostSubject: Re: Wizard of Oz Adaptations   Wizard of Oz Adaptations Eo1pl7YTue Jun 04, 2013 11:00 pm

I prefer her dark hair too and still find it funny that both cover and theatrical version that pre-dated the third part (the sequel is not about Dorothy) showed her brunet. Smile
The chances that I'll be there are rather small, as so far I've never been to USA at all and Kansas isn't most picked international flight direction within the country...

Anyway I forgot to mention in Poland there was made one more version of the stories made in similar time, as the animated series- it was mix of few episodes from several books. It was puppet/animation and looks pretty strange today, but I liked it, though now I remember it roughly, apart from the fact that after episode with creating the Gump I put together twin small sofas and imagined I could fly in the construction over wonderful lands Very Happy I was a little kid then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BelievixKid100
Harmonix Fairy
Harmonix Fairy
BelievixKid100

Flora Helia

PostSubject: Re: Wizard of Oz Adaptations   Wizard of Oz Adaptations Eo1pl7YTue Jun 04, 2013 11:10 pm

wow, well it might not be the most picked but if you ever do get the chance to visit, I'd recommend checking it out and going to some other fun spots in the country as well. You can also see the ruby slippers in the places I mentioned if you get the chance. Now I have to say that with Ozma it's very interesting how she was cursed into Tipertarius, "Tip" now that was a sneaky trick by the former king and real wizard, the fake wizard would appear about 20 years later and it would be another 30 before Dorothy showed up in the timeline. How in Oz do they come up with those wacky things
Back to top Go down
Verbeley
Enchantix Fairy
Enchantix Fairy
Verbeley

Tecna Helia

PostSubject: Re: Wizard of Oz Adaptations   Wizard of Oz Adaptations Eo1pl7YTue Jun 04, 2013 11:32 pm

I have no idea about that Very Happy and You kinda made a spoiler as I'm now listing to the marvellous land of oz (I read book, though not all, when I was little, but now I'm listing to them in English, so for the first time and find it funny how many things I did no remember Very Happy)

Well it will all depend on why would I come to USA and for how long, cause now the list is already bit long and I'd need at east few weeks and enough money to see it all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BelievixKid100
Harmonix Fairy
Harmonix Fairy
BelievixKid100

Flora Helia

PostSubject: Re: Wizard of Oz Adaptations   Wizard of Oz Adaptations Eo1pl7YTue Jun 04, 2013 11:49 pm

^Sorry i forgot to put the tag on it, I'll remember that next time I read one of those books
Back to top Go down
Winxrox466
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
Winxrox466

Flora Riven
Hobbies : Stalking People from a distance

PostSubject: Re: Wizard of Oz Adaptations   Wizard of Oz Adaptations Eo1pl7YWed Jun 05, 2013 2:54 am

LOL everyone picked Ruby
Back to top Go down
Verbeley
Enchantix Fairy
Enchantix Fairy
Verbeley

Tecna Helia

PostSubject: Re: Wizard of Oz Adaptations   Wizard of Oz Adaptations Eo1pl7YWed Jun 05, 2013 9:32 am

No it's ok, after all it's nothing new, just found it fan cause I was reading it and listing to the book Very Happy

@Winxrox466- I guess cause they're more original, silver is something more typical, after all even Cinderella wore silver shoes (in her first costume). ^^
Back to top Go down
BelievixKid100
Harmonix Fairy
Harmonix Fairy
BelievixKid100

Flora Helia

PostSubject: Re: Wizard of Oz Adaptations   Wizard of Oz Adaptations Eo1pl7YWed Jun 05, 2013 12:59 pm

That's my theory, however Cinderella only wears silver slippers at the parks with the pale blue dress in place of tinted blue heels that have plastic sides (in place of glass) I guess more people prefer the ruby because you don't see it every day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wizard of Oz Adaptations   Wizard of Oz Adaptations Eo1pl7Y

Back to top Go down

Wizard of Oz Adaptations
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next