Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

How did you come up with the names for your OC's? 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

How did you come up with the names for your OC's? 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
How did you come up with the names for your OC's? 29y2mzv

The RP Season

Season: Autumn
Month: October
Day: 28th
Year: 2016
Bookmark the forum
Bookmark and Share
Latest topics
» Who I am (StellaX)
How did you come up with the names for your OC's? Eo1pl7YMon Aug 07, 2023 3:14 pm by Florawinx

» Winx friends
How did you come up with the names for your OC's? Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:20 am by winx.crasherr

» Winx Club Online is back! + Winx Adventure Social Game!
How did you come up with the names for your OC's? Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:12 am by winx.crasherr

» Join the discord
How did you come up with the names for your OC's? Eo1pl7YFri Mar 31, 2023 10:55 pm by Pokémon Trainer

» suggestion: add a contact up form
How did you come up with the names for your OC's? Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:30 pm by lmodern2

» Old Member... New Name
How did you come up with the names for your OC's? Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:24 pm by lmodern2

» Introducing myself
How did you come up with the names for your OC's? Eo1pl7YWed Aug 17, 2022 3:27 pm by Flora 24

» Returning Years Later
How did you come up with the names for your OC's? Eo1pl7YMon Aug 15, 2022 8:18 pm by musa225

» IF OUR OC’S WERE IN FATE
How did you come up with the names for your OC's? Eo1pl7YThu Aug 11, 2022 1:00 am by Pokémon Trainer

MAGIC SPOTLIGHT
CONGRATULATIONS to these two BelieveInWinx members for becoming Contest Winners on the forum contest, Melodic Inspiration!!

- ELEIYA LILUM

- VARDA ELENTARI
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Team

ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.imgur.com/3wGxPoy.png
SUPER MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/2w8wb51.png

MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/94OjYzI.png https://i.imgur.com/prGNouv.png https://i.imgur.com/tVJO9a5.png
RP MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/H6heUyJ.png https://i.imgur.com/UgDXH9Q.png
Statistics
We have 7398 registered users
The newest registered user is Inaaya

Our users have posted a total of 222731 messages in 5649 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

How did you come up with the names for your OC's?

Go down 
+4
catiebuug
Flame Melody
zerowing21
aisha238
8 posters
AuthorMessage
aisha238
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
aisha238

Aisha Roy
Location : Fantasy Island: The only place where my dreams come true
Hobbies : Crushing SO HARD on Chris Evans

How did you come up with the names for your OC's? Empty
PostSubject: How did you come up with the names for your OC's?   How did you come up with the names for your OC's? Eo1pl7YSun Nov 13, 2016 2:55 pm

Around the forum, I've seen some interesting names for OC's and I want to ask you guys: How did you come up with the names for your OC's?

Let me start off with how I got the names for my OC's: Brianna and Kimberly

Brianna: For a while, I was really interested in the name. It just sounded really good and when I was making my OC for the Harmonic Pendent RP, I decided to name my very first OC: Brianna.

Kimberly: Around last year, I wanted to work on my second OC but I didn't have a good enough name for her. When I was watching Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, the name of the Pink Ranger was: Kimberly. So I thought: "It would be great to name my new OC after her." And she has some qualities of her but not a carbon copy of her.

So guys, how did you come up with the names for your OC's?

Last edited by aisha238 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zerowing21
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
zerowing21

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with the names for your OC's?   How did you come up with the names for your OC's? Eo1pl7YSun Nov 13, 2016 3:16 pm

All my ocs names are random. There's no special reason or meaning behind them.
Back to top Go down
Flame Melody
Administrator
Administrator
Flame Melody

Stella Brandon
Hobbies : Scaring/Banning members c: - We'll fairy you!

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with the names for your OC's?   How did you come up with the names for your OC's? Eo1pl7YMon Nov 14, 2016 7:00 pm

I am quite picky when it comes to names, so I google throughout different name genres (French, Italian, mythical, fantasy, unique, mystic, and the like) till I find the name that I just personally like. It takes me a bit to find a name that attracts me to it, but at the end of the day the satisfactory feeling of choosing a nice name for your OC is worth it.
Back to top Go down
catiebuug
Winx Fairy
Winx Fairy
catiebuug

Flora Helia
Hobbies : doll collecting, crafting/diy, shopping

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with the names for your OC's?   How did you come up with the names for your OC's? Eo1pl7YMon Nov 14, 2016 7:25 pm

what i do is i think of what sort of meaning i want my oc's name to have. then i look it up on google. the meaning is usually related to their personality or interests.

so some examples. i have a dnd character who is a tiefling, basically a demon. she is also female. so i google "names that mean female demon." then i looked at the one i liked and i picked out delaphatorae. and i give it my own twist by saying u can call her del for short.

same with my other dnd character who is a bard, a musical creature. i look up names that mean music, female ones to be exact. i picked out calliope. calli for short.

for my winx oc, vega, she enjoys star gazing. so i looked up names that mean star.
Back to top Go down
talgoose
Sophix Fairy
Sophix Fairy
talgoose

Bloom Posts : 512
Hobbies : Magnanime, Movies, books

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with the names for your OC's?   How did you come up with the names for your OC's? Eo1pl7YTue Nov 15, 2016 1:30 am

To be honest, I choose the names of elinor and angelique almost randomly, only angelique sur ame was plan ed, I choose bijou because it means jewel in french
Back to top Go down
Mystique Aqua
Contest Winner
Contest Winner
Mystique Aqua

Musa Brandon
Hobbies : Reading, writing, drawing, listenng music and dancing

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with the names for your OC's?   How did you come up with the names for your OC's? Eo1pl7YWed Nov 16, 2016 4:14 am

Well, I started out with Lily, then Lira, then Lyra. I don't even know it is the name of a constellation at first. It was quite the coincidence.
Back to top Go down
https://www.wattpad.com/user/Eleiya2468
Pokémon Trainer
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
Pokémon Trainer

Flora Brandon
Hobbies : training mutants

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with the names for your OC's?   How did you come up with the names for your OC's? Eo1pl7YMon Nov 21, 2016 8:37 pm

Rayla - light
Eros - love (ironic i know)
Zayn- maya chose it
Asami - i liked the name
Katsuya - i don't remember
Sylvia - the name was close to the word sly which is a common personality trait of my oc when first designing her
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
Sailor Lily

Tecna Timmy
Hobbies : Watching and reading sailor moon

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with the names for your OC's?   How did you come up with the names for your OC's? Eo1pl7YThu Nov 24, 2016 2:29 am

I googled names and their meanings and matched them up with my ocs:

Amara - shortened version of the Ancient Greek name Amarantham meaning 'eternally beautiful'
Mina - Love
Chandra - Moon
Cadence - a sequence of notes or chords comprising the close of a musical phrase, (Also kinda a pun on K-Dance)
Electra - Cause Tecna was already taken
Fauna - It was the only pretty animal related name I could find.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with the names for your OC's?   How did you come up with the names for your OC's? Eo1pl7Y

Back to top Go down

How did you come up with the names for your OC's?
Page 1 of 1