Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 29y2mzv

The RP Season

Season: Autumn
Month: October
Day: 28th
Year: 2016
Bookmark the forum
Bookmark and Share
Latest topics
» Winx Club Online is back! + Winx Adventure Social Game!
Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Eo1pl7YSun Sep 08, 2024 6:16 pm by Florawinx

» Who I am (StellaX)
Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Eo1pl7YMon Aug 07, 2023 3:14 pm by Florawinx

» Winx friends
Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:20 am by winx.crasherr

» Join the discord
Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Eo1pl7YFri Mar 31, 2023 10:55 pm by Pokémon Trainer

» suggestion: add a contact up form
Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:30 pm by lmodern2

» Old Member... New Name
Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:24 pm by lmodern2

» Introducing myself
Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Eo1pl7YWed Aug 17, 2022 3:27 pm by Flora 24

» Returning Years Later
Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Eo1pl7YMon Aug 15, 2022 8:18 pm by musa225

» IF OUR OC’S WERE IN FATE
Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Eo1pl7YThu Aug 11, 2022 1:00 am by Pokémon Trainer

MAGIC SPOTLIGHT
CONGRATULATIONS to these two BelieveInWinx members for becoming Contest Winners on the forum contest, Melodic Inspiration!!

- ELEIYA LILUM

- VARDA ELENTARI
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Team

ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.imgur.com/3wGxPoy.png
SUPER MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/2w8wb51.png

MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/94OjYzI.png https://i.imgur.com/prGNouv.png https://i.imgur.com/tVJO9a5.png
RP MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/H6heUyJ.png https://i.imgur.com/UgDXH9Q.png
Statistics
We have 7436 registered users
The newest registered user is krks10000

Our users have posted a total of 222733 messages in 5649 subjects
Top posting users this month
Florawinx
Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 OF8qjdpWhy is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Pg078O2Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Ck5wUFn 
juleic1123
Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 OF8qjdpWhy is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Pg078O2Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Ck5wUFn 

Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven?

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ObliviousPrattler
Winx Fairy
Winx Fairy
ObliviousPrattler

Flora Helia
Hobbies : Writing, 3D Modeling, Listening to K-Pop

Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven?   Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Eo1pl7YThu Nov 26, 2015 4:43 am

First topic message reminder :

Needless to say, Riven was/is one of the most popular guys in the show. I don't understand why. Sure, he was always entertaining, but in an annoying, I-just-wanna-slap-you kind of way. He was constantly rude, constantly cranky, and a constant headache for Sky, Musa, or the whole group.

Yet the fanbase seems to have a Riven fetish. They think he's sooooo darn hot. Sigh. facepalm I've seen more risqué fan art of him than any other guy (and much more than I care to see).

Is this just the "bad boy" effect? What do people see in him?
Back to top Go down
http://www.unadinoi-winx.com/

AuthorMessage
zerowing21
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
zerowing21

PostSubject: Re: Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven?   Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Eo1pl7YSat Nov 28, 2015 4:09 pm

Mistake happen, so no need to fret.

The Avatar was done by Chrissie.

"But perhaps victory is in the simpler things that you've long forgotten—things that require a smaller, more honest soul." Professor Ozpin, RWBY
Back to top Go down
Minako
Believix Fairy
Believix Fairy
Minako

Flora Brandon
Hobbies : Fangirling about Kaguya, Yoshi, Sailor V and Flora, LoLK easy scoring, watching lots of youtube (mostly SMG4), moderating on WFM

PostSubject: Re: Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven?   Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Eo1pl7YSat Nov 28, 2015 4:28 pm

Quote :
Yeah, I agree. At least Nabu kinda deserves it. Riven? No. Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

It's not a bad thing to miss a character, but the fanbase has become almost addicted to Nabu. Like I said in that thread, he's been gone now for almost seven years in real life. It'd be one thing if everyone was still this crazy about him one or two years later. But almost a decade? =/

What annoys me more is the fans have also started to rage against Aisha for moving on with her life. As far as they're concerned, she's not allowed to have another boyfriend. She was supposed to stay single for the rest of her life — not in an "independent woman" sense, but waiting (forever) for him to come back and refusing to accept any other guy. Because she didn't do that, some fans think she never really loved him! =/

Yep, she didn't love him. She bawled her eyes out and flew into a vengeful rage when he died, but that was just for drama. It didn't mean anything. facepalm

They've also started calling her a..."lady of the night" (for lack of a better term). That has to do with the love triangle and — in their minds — her working two guys at once and seemingly dumping one for the other. But it's also because she moved on from Nabu so fast.

It's a mess. Honestly, the fanbase needs to get over him and let the girl get on with her life. I'm sick of seeing tribute videos, couple fanart, screenshots, and resurrection fanfics this late in the game. And I'm not the only one.

Yeah, breakups and losses happen to all and people move on. Aisha is one of those people. I get why the fans miss him, but becoming addicted? Annoying as. It was 3 seasons ago too.

Spoiler:

Right now, all Earthlings will wander forever, without ever reaching the moon. And the people of the moon are just the same...
- Eirin Yagokoro
Back to top Go down
ObliviousPrattler
Winx Fairy
Winx Fairy
ObliviousPrattler

Flora Helia

PostSubject: Re: Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven?   Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Eo1pl7YSun Nov 29, 2015 10:25 pm

Minako wrote:
Quote :
Yeah, I agree. At least Nabu kinda deserves it. Riven? No. Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

It's not a bad thing to miss a character, but the fanbase has become almost addicted to Nabu. Like I said in that thread, he's been gone now for almost seven years in real life. It'd be one thing if everyone was still this crazy about him one or two years later. But almost a decade? =/

What annoys me more is the fans have also started to rage against Aisha for moving on with her life. As far as they're concerned, she's not allowed to have another boyfriend. She was supposed to stay single for the rest of her life — not in an "independent woman" sense, but waiting (forever) for him to come back and refusing to accept any other guy. Because she didn't do that, some fans think she never really loved him! =/

Yep, she didn't love him. She bawled her eyes out and flew into a vengeful rage when he died, but that was just for drama. It didn't mean anything. facepalm

They've also started calling her a..."lady of the night" (for lack of a better term). That has to do with the love triangle and — in their minds — her working two guys at once and seemingly dumping one for the other. But it's also because she moved on from Nabu so fast.

It's a mess. Honestly, the fanbase needs to get over him and let the girl get on with her life. I'm sick of seeing tribute videos, couple fanart, screenshots, and resurrection fanfics this late in the game. And I'm not the only one.

Yeah, breakups and losses happen to all and people move on. Aisha is one of those people. I get why the fans miss him, but becoming addicted? Annoying as. It was 3 seasons ago too.
I give it one more season. If he doesn't come back in season eight, I think the fanbase will finally give up on him. By that time, it will have been four years (seasons) in-universe since his death and almost a decade in real life. Surely, they can't stay fixated on him forever.

I say "if" because part of me worries Rainbow will cave and bring him back just to kiss up to the fans, which is a bad precedent to start. Not to mention, bringing back Nabu wouldn't be as harmless as people think. It would poke holes in the concept of death in this series. If death were reversible, the Winx and the guys wouldn't really be risking their lives. All they'd have do was find a magic object or spell and...there you go! (That's just one problem with bringing him back, but I'll stop there.)

I wanna think the fanbase will let him go after season eight, but some fans are already expecting him to come back in the final season. Maybe they really will hang onto him forever. facepalm
Back to top Go down
Minako
Believix Fairy
Believix Fairy
Minako

Flora Brandon
Hobbies : Fangirling about Kaguya, Yoshi, Sailor V and Flora, LoLK easy scoring, watching lots of youtube (mostly SMG4), moderating on WFM

PostSubject: Re: Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven?   Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Eo1pl7YSun Nov 29, 2015 10:38 pm

Good point.  I hope Rainbow don't bring him back. I mean, they bought Daphne back, I actually thought she was dead...

And almost a decade Surprised s4 feels really long ago now xD.

Spoiler:

Right now, all Earthlings will wander forever, without ever reaching the moon. And the people of the moon are just the same...
- Eirin Yagokoro
Back to top Go down
ObliviousPrattler
Winx Fairy
Winx Fairy
ObliviousPrattler

Flora Helia

PostSubject: Re: Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven?   Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Eo1pl7YSun Nov 29, 2015 11:04 pm

Minako wrote:
Good point.  I hope Rainbow don't bring him back. I mean, they bought Daphne back, I actually thought she was dead...

And almost a decade Surprised s4 feels really long ago now xD.
Daphne was dead originally, but they retconned her story so that she didn't technically die. It makes some sense because she was the only dead character we saw floating around as a spirit and interacting with the living. That begged the question, "Where are Nabu and Musa's mother's spirits?" By saying Daphne was a disembodied spirit instead of dead, Nickbow clarified how actual death works in this show.

And yes, the end of season eight will be almost a decade (in real life) after Nabu's death. That episode was in 2009. Season eight will probably premiere in 2017 and end worldwide in 2018. That's nine years, a long time to fixate on a dead fictional character. Most of us don't even mourn real people that long (at least not to this extent).
Back to top Go down
Minako
Believix Fairy
Believix Fairy
Minako

Flora Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven?   Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Eo1pl7YSun Nov 29, 2015 11:32 pm

I see, I'm still not overly fond of them bringing her back, but at least she was cool.

As for season 8 and Nabu, you're right. I honestly don't have much to say though except that Aisha has got over it- the fans can (ofc they can still like him though).

Spoiler:

- Eirin Yagokoro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven?   Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven? - Page 2 Eo1pl7Y

Back to top Go down

Why is the fanbase so obsessed with Riven?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2