Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? 29y2mzv

The RP Season

Season: Autumn
Month: October
Day: 28th
Year: 2016
Bookmark the forum
Bookmark and Share
Latest topics
» Who I am (StellaX)
Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? Eo1pl7YMon Aug 07, 2023 3:14 pm by Florawinx

» Winx friends
Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:20 am by winx.crasherr

» Winx Club Online is back! + Winx Adventure Social Game!
Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:12 am by winx.crasherr

» Join the discord
Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? Eo1pl7YFri Mar 31, 2023 10:55 pm by Pokémon Trainer

» suggestion: add a contact up form
Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:30 pm by lmodern2

» Old Member... New Name
Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:24 pm by lmodern2

» Introducing myself
Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? Eo1pl7YWed Aug 17, 2022 3:27 pm by Flora 24

» Returning Years Later
Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? Eo1pl7YMon Aug 15, 2022 8:18 pm by musa225

» IF OUR OC’S WERE IN FATE
Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? Eo1pl7YThu Aug 11, 2022 1:00 am by Pokémon Trainer

MAGIC SPOTLIGHT
CONGRATULATIONS to these two BelieveInWinx members for becoming Contest Winners on the forum contest, Melodic Inspiration!!

- ELEIYA LILUM

- VARDA ELENTARI
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Team

ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.imgur.com/3wGxPoy.png
SUPER MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/2w8wb51.png

MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/94OjYzI.png https://i.imgur.com/prGNouv.png https://i.imgur.com/tVJO9a5.png
RP MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/H6heUyJ.png https://i.imgur.com/UgDXH9Q.png
Statistics
We have 7398 registered users
The newest registered user is Inaaya

Our users have posted a total of 222731 messages in 5649 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sailor Lily
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
Sailor Lily

Tecna Timmy
Hobbies : Watching and reading sailor moon

Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? Empty
PostSubject: Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics?   Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? Eo1pl7YThu Jul 24, 2014 2:50 am

I'm just asking out of curiosity.  Spin  If it relates to the topic I don't see why we can't do it. I think some new members might want to add their opinions to old ones or they would make a new topic.
Back to top Go down
Winxrox466
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
Winxrox466

Flora Riven
Hobbies : Stalking People from a distance

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics?   Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? Eo1pl7YThu Jul 24, 2014 3:00 am

I agree with you it, makes no sense
Back to top Go down
SarahTheGamerEmpress
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
SarahTheGamerEmpress

Musa Helia
Hobbies : PLL, Finding Carter, OUAT, Korra and more.

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics?   Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? Eo1pl7YThu Jul 24, 2014 3:28 am

Quote :
11. Posting in old topics - Posting in topics which last message was posted 2 months before isn't forbidden, but you should think twice before you revive that thread. You may only post in an old topic if you are going to contribute with a message that completely relates to the topic itself (eg.: I like Bloomix would be a pointless message). "Bumping" old fanart threads is allowed (see rule no. 5).
As you can see, it's not something we encourage and as for the "isn't forbidden" doesn't mean that it's "Not allowed" there are limits to bumping topics and I believe we discussed that already, more than once in fact.
Quote :
5. Double Posting - Please check to make sure that what you are writing about hasn't already been posted before. In case you forgot to add something to your post, there is an edit button for you to either update the post or delete it. Please use it instead of posting twice. This rule is an exception to fanart threads; you are allowed to "bump" your own topic 3 times, as long as there is a time span of 24 hours between the posts. You are also allowed to double post if you're adding new fanmade creations.
Double posting doesn't mean posting twice in a row. As you can see it also means that you aren't writing something that has already been written.
Quote :
1. Spamming - Repeated words/phrases in multiple threads/posts in a category or other categories is not permitted. Your post will be removed and you will be issued a warning. Having conversations in the forum topics is also frowned upon.
Bumping old topics is also considered as spam, especially when there's been a long period between the last post and the latest post. We definitely do not encourage that as it is wrong and only makes the forum messy.

Just in case you hadn't read the rules or forgot them, I have quoted rule 11 and 1 above and rule 5 for those who are curious as to what it is. There is an exception for fanart threads but other than that, rules are rules and apply to every other threads, sections, boards and sub-boards.

If a topic is older than a month AND inactive then it's known as an "old topic" which these two rules apply to. You cannot bump a frequent amount of  old topics a day as we try to keep them clean. There are TONS (not even exaggerating right now) topics created by all of you in a day that you can post in but somehow you decide to post in old topics.

Bumping it means "reviving" it but use it wisely, if it happens too much we'll have no other choice but to lock the topic. When a topic becomes "old" yet people keep posting in it anyways even though the last post was months ago, that is considered spam which I stated above.

If you have any further questions or disagree with what I've said please be sure to inform me so I can reply to you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Aeniara
Sophix Fairy
Sophix Fairy
Aeniara

Musa Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics?   Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? Eo1pl7YThu Jul 24, 2014 3:38 am

The reason why that rule exists is because lately we've seen quite a lot of members bumping old topics just for the sake of their post count. I guess having a spot on the Top posting users is important for some people. Oh well.

Since that was getting out of control, we had to rewrite that rule so that it was completely clear that we do not want people to walk into the threads just to say "I like Sirenix". There are plenty of active topics where you can share your thoughts, there is no need to do so in dead ones.

But.
If you're starting a discussion with good arguments and a strong point of view, I don't see why we shouldn't let you. If you're going to contribute to the topic with interesting stuff, please don't hesitate doing so.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
Sailor Lily

Tecna Timmy
Hobbies : Watching and reading sailor moon

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics?   Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? Eo1pl7YThu Jul 24, 2014 3:39 am

So say if I want to play a game on the forum but there is already another version of it that was made months ago. Do I just make a new game with the exact same rules or would I be able to play the old game again? (Because I'm in the mood to play would you rather?)
Back to top Go down
Winxrox466
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
Winxrox466

Flora Riven
Hobbies : Stalking People from a distance

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics?   Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? Eo1pl7YThu Jul 24, 2014 3:44 am

rashid29 wrote:
So say if I want to play a game on the forum but there is already another version of it that was made months ago. Do I just make a new game with the exact same rules or would I be able to play the old game again? (Because I'm in the mood to play would you rather?)

I'M SO CONFUZZLED
Back to top Go down
SarahTheGamerEmpress
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
SarahTheGamerEmpress

Musa Helia
Hobbies : PLL, Finding Carter, OUAT, Korra and more.

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics?   Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? Eo1pl7YThu Jul 24, 2014 3:58 am

Games are fine, you can bump those as well but don't go over the top with it and start bumping EVERY SINGLE GAME. That's just going to be multiple warnings for multiple rules broken.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics?   Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics? Eo1pl7Y

Back to top Go down

Why aren't we allowed to post in old topics?
Page 1 of 1