Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

Protect the environment overdone? 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

Protect the environment overdone? 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Protect the environment overdone? 29y2mzv

The RP Season

Season: Autumn
Month: October
Day: 28th
Year: 2016
Bookmark the forum
Bookmark and Share
Latest topics
» Who I am (StellaX)
Protect the environment overdone? Eo1pl7YMon Aug 07, 2023 3:14 pm by Florawinx

» Winx friends
Protect the environment overdone? Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:20 am by winx.crasherr

» Winx Club Online is back! + Winx Adventure Social Game!
Protect the environment overdone? Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:12 am by winx.crasherr

» Join the discord
Protect the environment overdone? Eo1pl7YFri Mar 31, 2023 10:55 pm by Pokémon Trainer

» suggestion: add a contact up form
Protect the environment overdone? Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:30 pm by lmodern2

» Old Member... New Name
Protect the environment overdone? Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:24 pm by lmodern2

» Introducing myself
Protect the environment overdone? Eo1pl7YWed Aug 17, 2022 3:27 pm by Flora 24

» Returning Years Later
Protect the environment overdone? Eo1pl7YMon Aug 15, 2022 8:18 pm by musa225

» IF OUR OC’S WERE IN FATE
Protect the environment overdone? Eo1pl7YThu Aug 11, 2022 1:00 am by Pokémon Trainer

MAGIC SPOTLIGHT
CONGRATULATIONS to these two BelieveInWinx members for becoming Contest Winners on the forum contest, Melodic Inspiration!!

- ELEIYA LILUM

- VARDA ELENTARI
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Team

ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.imgur.com/3wGxPoy.png
SUPER MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/2w8wb51.png

MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/94OjYzI.png https://i.imgur.com/prGNouv.png https://i.imgur.com/tVJO9a5.png
RP MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/H6heUyJ.png https://i.imgur.com/UgDXH9Q.png
Statistics
We have 7398 registered users
The newest registered user is Inaaya

Our users have posted a total of 222731 messages in 5649 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Protect the environment overdone?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sailor Lily
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
Sailor Lily

Tecna Timmy
Hobbies : Watching and reading sailor moon

Protect the environment overdone? Empty
PostSubject: Protect the environment overdone?   Protect the environment overdone? Eo1pl7YSun Jul 21, 2013 4:53 am

As you know, this season was inspired by the 2010 BP Oil Spill. The disaster killed wildlife and dealt lasting damage to the Gulf of Mexico’s ecosystem. You may remember photos of beaches and animals blackened by oil and oil patches floating in the ocean.

Winx Club has brought up environmental issues before (usually through Flora). But this is the only season to focus on one, and the “green” message is everywhere: in dialogue, songs, beach clean-up scenes, etc.

We’re supposed to feel inspired, but many of you said you’re getting annoyed. The show’s “beating us over the head,” so to speak. It’s like watching Captain Planet or Fern Gully!

But how many times do we need to hear this message before we act on it?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
Sailor Lily

Tecna Timmy

PostSubject: Re: Protect the environment overdone?   Protect the environment overdone? Eo1pl7YSat Aug 24, 2013 5:51 pm

I know the message is suppose to be nice but this is just too much for me. :shock:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protect the environment overdone?   Protect the environment overdone? Eo1pl7YSat Aug 24, 2013 6:06 pm

It's actually good to have the clean the environment message in the show. People need to understand that it's a little kids show so of course they have to put it in thee multiple times for kids to understand it. Some kids might not get it (little, little ones). Unlike the other seasons where they do not have a specific message attached. I give Rainbow props on that part of the season. Plus it encourages kids to go out and help clean up their world around them. People need to to remember this is a show for little kids and not teens who already get the concept. It's the whole theme of the season. It didn't bother me at all.
Back to top Go down
BelievixKid100
Harmonix Fairy
Harmonix Fairy
BelievixKid100

Flora Helia
Hobbies : Hospital Volunteer, Drawing, Music, watching vids online.

PostSubject: Re: Protect the environment overdone?   Protect the environment overdone? Eo1pl7YSat Aug 24, 2013 6:32 pm

The thing is that while it's nice to have a protect the planet message, it shouldn't be the main focus of the show. The main focus should be on Tritanus destroying the universe not the protect the planet thing. If you want to communicate that, keep it simple and only have the seven girls casually mention it in the form of PSA's, Bloom can talk about fire prevention/safety, Aisha about water safety, Roxy about preventing Animal cruelty, Flora about dangerous plants, Musa about noise pollution and Tecna although this would be odd, she could talk about polluting emotions (such as hate) and Techno-Safety.

It's called that even though people need to understand that it's cool to be planeteers, they shouldn't be up in your face about it. Captain Planet while it focused on the protect the planet message, it wasn't as uppity as people think. The Planeteers actually did all the work and suggested with those planeteer alerts that we did x action for x episode, they only called in Captain planet when things got to hard. Ma-Ti also didn't use his ring that much because he knew just how dangerous his was, Heart can manipulate emotions, serve as a lie detector and make him function like Roxy (animal communications).

Also if you say the same message over and over again even the four and five year olds are going to get sick of it. This is why the protect the planet message is overdone and yes the seven girls all have planeteer powers

Flora-Earth
Bloom-Fire, lightning is considered a form of fire so Stella (who has light also a subform) would step in here if Bloom had to sit out
Musa- Air/Wind
Aisha-Water
Tecna and Roxy are Heart, Tecna would be the sub since energy power is just kinda out there.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protect the environment overdone?   Protect the environment overdone? Eo1pl7YSat Aug 24, 2013 6:50 pm

The reason why the over did it is because they where just talking about the ocean and not other forms of the environment like BelievixKid100 said. The powers shouldn't have been "Slide Of Sirenix, Voice Of Sirenix, and Lava Of Sirenix they should have done something else to fit the theme. They where pushing the environment message at you but also push the regular winx story line together.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
Sailor Lily

Tecna Timmy

PostSubject: Re: Protect the environment overdone?   Protect the environment overdone? Eo1pl7YFri Aug 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Wizplace wrote:
The reason why the over did it is because they where just talking about the ocean and not other forms of the environment like BelievixKid100 said. The powers shouldn't have been "Slide Of Sirenix, Voice Of Sirenix, and Lava Of Sirenix they should have done something else to fit the theme. They where pushing the environment message at you but also push the regular winx story line together.
 Do you guys think that maybe season 6 may have some message like in season 5, the message was to protect the environment?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Protect the environment overdone?   Protect the environment overdone? Eo1pl7YFri Aug 30, 2013 5:21 pm

I don't think so. Season 1-4 didn't have a set message. Season 5 was only there because of the oil spill they could have just done the normal winx club plot. I think that they will go back to the regular story line because people where to upset with it.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
Sailor Lily

Tecna Timmy

PostSubject: Re: Protect the environment overdone?   Protect the environment overdone? Eo1pl7YSun Sep 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Wizplace wrote:
I don't think so. Season 1-4 didn't have a set message. Season 5 was only there because of the oil spill they could have just done the normal winx club plot. I think that they will go back to the regular story line because people where to upset with it.
season 5 was kind of inspired from the oil spill at the gulf of mexico. it felt like everyone was turning into flora this season Razz . Sorry but i only want one flora

bloom: why don't we make tomarrow's concert a benefit to preserve the earth's oceans and gardenia's beaches
wanda: your so responsible blah blah blah ( she took the words right out of my mouth)
bloom: where did THAT come from?!?!
Back to top Go down
Domino_kitty
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
Domino_kitty

Stella Riven
Location : I used to be on the East Coast of the US in beautiful WNY. Now I'm in Canada where we have a living wage and health care.
Hobbies : Political debates, reading, writing, procrastinating.

PostSubject: Re: Protect the environment overdone?   Protect the environment overdone? Eo1pl7YSun Sep 22, 2013 6:32 pm

Who is Wanda? I thought Bloom's mom's name was Vanessa.

I don't know where everyone gets that this season was inspired by the oil spill in the Gulf. I think it might just be because green themes are so popular, but this one was over done.

I can not wait for season five to be done and over with. I already get shoved environmental stuff with a recycling fee every time I buy an electronic device.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
Sailor Lily

Tecna Timmy

PostSubject: Re: Protect the environment overdone?   Protect the environment overdone? Eo1pl7YSun Sep 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Domino_kitty wrote:
Who is Wanda? I thought Bloom's mom's name was Vanessa.

I don't know where everyone gets that this season was inspired by the oil spill in the Gulf. I think it might just be because green themes are so popular, but this one was over done.

I can not wait for season five to be done and over with. I already get shoved environmental stuff with a recycling fee every time I buy an electronic device.
wanda was just from the clip, There's a new fairy in town! She's from fairly odd parents
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Protect the environment overdone?   Protect the environment overdone? Eo1pl7Y

Back to top Go down

Protect the environment overdone?
Page 1 of 1