Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

The Morality of Three Sirenix Wishes - Page 2 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

The Morality of Three Sirenix Wishes - Page 2 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Morality of Three Sirenix Wishes - Page 2 29y2mzv

The RP Season

Season: Autumn
Month: October
Day: 28th
Year: 2016
Bookmark the forum
Bookmark and Share
Latest topics
» Who I am (StellaX)
The Morality of Three Sirenix Wishes - Page 2 Eo1pl7YMon Aug 07, 2023 3:14 pm by Florawinx

» Winx friends
The Morality of Three Sirenix Wishes - Page 2 Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:20 am by winx.crasherr

» Winx Club Online is back! + Winx Adventure Social Game!
The Morality of Three Sirenix Wishes - Page 2 Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:12 am by winx.crasherr

» Join the discord
The Morality of Three Sirenix Wishes - Page 2 Eo1pl7YFri Mar 31, 2023 10:55 pm by Pokémon Trainer

» suggestion: add a contact up form
The Morality of Three Sirenix Wishes - Page 2 Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:30 pm by lmodern2

» Old Member... New Name
The Morality of Three Sirenix Wishes - Page 2 Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:24 pm by lmodern2

» Introducing myself
The Morality of Three Sirenix Wishes - Page 2 Eo1pl7YWed Aug 17, 2022 3:27 pm by Flora 24

» Returning Years Later
The Morality of Three Sirenix Wishes - Page 2 Eo1pl7YMon Aug 15, 2022 8:18 pm by musa225

» IF OUR OC’S WERE IN FATE
The Morality of Three Sirenix Wishes - Page 2 Eo1pl7YThu Aug 11, 2022 1:00 am by Pokémon Trainer

MAGIC SPOTLIGHT
CONGRATULATIONS to these two BelieveInWinx members for becoming Contest Winners on the forum contest, Melodic Inspiration!!

- ELEIYA LILUM

- VARDA ELENTARI
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Team

ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.imgur.com/3wGxPoy.png
SUPER MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/2w8wb51.png

MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/94OjYzI.png https://i.imgur.com/prGNouv.png https://i.imgur.com/tVJO9a5.png
RP MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/H6heUyJ.png https://i.imgur.com/UgDXH9Q.png
Statistics
We have 7398 registered users
The newest registered user is Inaaya

Our users have posted a total of 222731 messages in 5649 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

The Morality of Three Sirenix Wishes

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
zerowing21
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
zerowing21

The Morality of Three Sirenix Wishes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Morality of Three Sirenix Wishes   The Morality of Three Sirenix Wishes - Page 2 Eo1pl7YThu Sep 22, 2016 7:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Now, I'm sure this may have been talked to death, but this is my own view point on the matter. We all know the Winx (minus Musa) each had a wish for pleasing destiny and used it for whatever they wanted. Three of these wishes while in the show are presented as being good to the overall plot or the character, are in fact morally questionable at best.

Stella's wish was to have her parents to get along and see eye to eye with each other after years of fighting and what not. This is a selfish wish, but its also using powerful magic to change how a person acts and behaves. This isn't very ethical and moral to any extent and of course magic of this type has been condemned earlier in the series when Valtor altered Radius mind to be controlled by Chimera and her mother, which again was done out of a selfish reason. So in the end, how is Stella moral and in the right for doing this, while Chimera and her mother (Albeit thought Valtor) are not, when they've done the exact same thing?

The same can be said of Tecna's wish. While the king of Zenith did not want to go to battle with Tritannus, her wish in the end was to get the people of zenith to be more connected to the magic dimension. How is this ethical to push an entire planet to try and connect with others though mind altering magic and then use them by pushing them into a war, even if the king at first wasn't interested in the fight with others and later agrees to go to it because of a battle with said evil fish that the winx won, thus allowing Tecna to get the wish to change the people, thought minor manipulations of the king? This is amoral behavior from Tecna, but presented as morally right due to the Winx being the good guys and a way to build up their forces. This is some shady stuff that puts her on the same ground as Valtor and others, who have tried to control/change people by using them for whatever they wanted. Tecna committed to using her own people like one of computer tools like it was nothing.

Flora is our third case here. Her wish was to have all the people of Earth respect nature. How is it once again using magic to control/change people ethical? Yes it was a season based on saving the oceans, but in the end, is no better then others who have changed people via magic. She may have done this for a greater good, but you can't just force people to change instantly and is rather morally questionable.

Not to mention it goes against Flora's nature of being a kind and gentle person of forcing people to accept a view point so suddenly. The Earth fairies in the Amazon could have done something in a better moral way to achieve this goal over time then Flora could have with a wish. Of course, this was also a way to inhibit Tritannus from getting even more powerful from Earth's trash and to move the story forward. When does throwing out ones morals became justifiable to achieve a victory in such a way?

So in the end, what are your thoughts on this matter? From a non story stand point, are these three wishes immoral or moral? Have Tecna, Stella and Flora grayed themselves toward slowly head down the root of possibly becoming villains in the end?

*minor change to the Tenca argument*

Last edited by zerowing21 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
zerowing21
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
zerowing21

The Morality of Three Sirenix Wishes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Morality of Three Sirenix Wishes   The Morality of Three Sirenix Wishes - Page 2 Eo1pl7YWed Oct 19, 2016 4:00 am

Musa mentioned that she wanted to use her wish if she got it on her reviving her mom, but decided that wasn't the best use for it even if she did get it, which she didn't. However, I'd like to hear your view on the wishes of Stella, Flora and Tecna since the main focus is on their wishes.
Back to top Go down

The Morality of Three Sirenix Wishes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2