Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

REG: cuttin the cable to save money... 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

REG: cuttin the cable to save money... 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
REG: cuttin the cable to save money... 29y2mzv

The RP Season

Season: Autumn
Month: October
Day: 28th
Year: 2016
Bookmark the forum
Bookmark and Share
Latest topics
» Who I am (StellaX)
REG: cuttin the cable to save money... Eo1pl7YMon Aug 07, 2023 3:14 pm by Florawinx

» Winx friends
REG: cuttin the cable to save money... Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:20 am by winx.crasherr

» Winx Club Online is back! + Winx Adventure Social Game!
REG: cuttin the cable to save money... Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:12 am by winx.crasherr

» Join the discord
REG: cuttin the cable to save money... Eo1pl7YFri Mar 31, 2023 10:55 pm by Pokémon Trainer

» suggestion: add a contact up form
REG: cuttin the cable to save money... Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:30 pm by lmodern2

» Old Member... New Name
REG: cuttin the cable to save money... Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:24 pm by lmodern2

» Introducing myself
REG: cuttin the cable to save money... Eo1pl7YWed Aug 17, 2022 3:27 pm by Flora 24

» Returning Years Later
REG: cuttin the cable to save money... Eo1pl7YMon Aug 15, 2022 8:18 pm by musa225

» IF OUR OC’S WERE IN FATE
REG: cuttin the cable to save money... Eo1pl7YThu Aug 11, 2022 1:00 am by Pokémon Trainer

MAGIC SPOTLIGHT
CONGRATULATIONS to these two BelieveInWinx members for becoming Contest Winners on the forum contest, Melodic Inspiration!!

- ELEIYA LILUM

- VARDA ELENTARI
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Team

ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.imgur.com/3wGxPoy.png
SUPER MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/2w8wb51.png

MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/94OjYzI.png https://i.imgur.com/prGNouv.png https://i.imgur.com/tVJO9a5.png
RP MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/H6heUyJ.png https://i.imgur.com/UgDXH9Q.png
Statistics
We have 7398 registered users
The newest registered user is Inaaya

Our users have posted a total of 222731 messages in 5649 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

REG: cuttin the cable to save money...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lmodern1878
Believix Fairy
Believix Fairy
lmodern1878

Tecna Sky
Hobbies : being a WINX FAN... HARDCORE!

REG: cuttin the cable to save money... Empty
PostSubject: REG: cuttin the cable to save money...   REG: cuttin the cable to save money... Eo1pl7YMon Aug 01, 2016 6:04 am

hello fellow winxers:

OK so I live with my mom and she's having issues managing the bills, we were thinking of cutting the cable TV and just leaving the internet. in lieu of cable TV service, we were going to go halves on amazon prime streaming video. My query of it is does amazon prime have all of my fav. shows?

here's an incomplete list:

• iCarly
  • Sam&Cat
  • Winx Club (obviously)
  • Zoey101
  • The Amanda Show
  • Drake & Josh
  • and many more those are just my top shows right now

does amazon prime video have all episodes of these shows so I can enjoy them without having to pay monopoly prices for cable TV each and every month?

thank for you assistance in this matter!

hugs to all:
CF
Back to top Go down
yukai5
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
yukai5

Musa Brandon

PostSubject: Re: REG: cuttin the cable to save money...   REG: cuttin the cable to save money... Eo1pl7YMon Aug 01, 2016 12:14 pm

Well, it depends if you can afford or not. Or search for DVDs so you can have a physical copy.
Back to top Go down
lmodern1878
Believix Fairy
Believix Fairy
lmodern1878

Tecna Sky

PostSubject: Re: REG: cuttin the cable to save money...   REG: cuttin the cable to save money... Eo1pl7YSat Aug 06, 2016 1:24 am

yukai5 wrote:
Well, it depends if you can afford or not. Or search for DVDs so you can have a physical copy.

Valid, yes... we want to go the streaming route considering that my mom and other family members don't want to watch iCarly, Winx, etc. on endless loop like I do. So by going the streaming route, we get on-demand access to all of our favorite shows on multiple devices. Yes, I could throw down the skrilla for physical DVDs and just watch the stuff on loop via my laptop but that would leave mom paying $100 for the prime which she would not be getting much use out of (since the other family members referenced above (sister and brother in law) aren't home as much as I am since they work in a national park (Yosemite)). By going the streaming route, I'm also getting use of the prime and helping to cover for it. Once $100 = one year of prime ($50 from mom and $50 from me) where as cable is about $50 for one month (plus $10 extra for the package that include all the Nickelodeon channels so I can watch iCarly and the like after the first year the extra channels go up to about $20 per month). total bill for cable TV and decently fast internet is about $80 per month. thus the prime would be paying for itself within the first 3 months of having it. Before I commit $50 towards it I just need to make sure prime has all my fav. shows.
Back to top Go down
yukai5
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
yukai5

Musa Brandon

PostSubject: Re: REG: cuttin the cable to save money...   REG: cuttin the cable to save money... Eo1pl7YSat Aug 06, 2016 1:35 am

lmodern1878 wrote:
yukai5 wrote:

Valid, yes... we want to go the streaming route considering that my mom and other family members don't want to watch iCarly, Winx, etc. on endless loop like I do.  So by going the streaming route, we get on-demand access to all of our favorite shows on multiple devices.  Yes, I could throw down the skrilla for physical DVDs and just watch the stuff on loop via my laptop but that would leave mom paying $100 for the prime which she would not be getting much use out of (since the other family members referenced above (sister and brother in law) aren't home as much as I am since they work in a national park (Yosemite)).  By going the streaming route, I'm also getting use of the prime and helping to cover for it.  Once $100 = one year of prime ($50 from mom and $50 from me) where as cable is about $50 for one month (plus $10 extra for the package that include all the Nickelodeon channels so I can watch iCarly and the like after the first year the extra channels go up to about $20 per month).  total bill for cable TV and decently fast internet is about $80 per month.  thus the prime would be paying for itself within the first 3 months of having it.  Before I commit $50 towards it I just need to make sure prime has all my fav. shows.
Then why pay $100 for something when you can buy the whole season on amazon for around $25 Or better yet, at least try Netflix or iTunes. There are a lot more options than throwing $100 for something that you are going to use more and not the rest of your family.
Back to top Go down
lmodern1878
Believix Fairy
Believix Fairy
lmodern1878

Tecna Sky

PostSubject: Re: REG: cuttin the cable to save money...   REG: cuttin the cable to save money... Eo1pl7YSat Aug 06, 2016 5:45 am

When mom is home she occasionally likes to watch TV but she is out of the house more than she is home most of the time with my grandmother and aunt. and when she gets home she usually feeds the cat and goes strait to bed just to wake up early to go to work then back to grandma's after work then go home to go to bed and do it all over again. however there are occasional moments where she does like to watch TV here at home if only for a few hours before her phone starts blowing up (usually grandmother wanting her to come over and help) and that's on the weekends. In my humble opinion, she's over worked and under appreciated... she's always complaining about how she never gets a day to herself even when she's off work (she works part-time for the local school district)
Back to top Go down
yukai5
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
yukai5

Musa Brandon

PostSubject: Re: REG: cuttin the cable to save money...   REG: cuttin the cable to save money... Eo1pl7YSat Aug 06, 2016 7:43 am

What does that have to do with the current situation you are in? And besides, you can buy the full series off amazon (i checked it and only one of those you listed cam up prime) which you can get when you want when you have the cash. Buying 4 seasons of one show equals to a year's worth of prime, which by the looks of it, you can access on Amazon Video by having just an amazon account and a compatible device which connects to the net. And you can go back and watch it any time you want without wasting money on a service.

Just look for cheaper options, even iTunes have sets that you can get around $10-$30 as well which you can keep. Think carefully about what you are doing. Do you want to have the episodes that you can access or keep and get you money's worth? Or do you want to spend more for something that no-one else but you is going to use? If I was you, I rather get the episodes off of iTunes because you can get to keep the episodes you buy. Prime or other streaming sites does not (trust me, I have an animelab subscription and I don't get to keep the episodes).
Back to top Go down
lmodern1878
Believix Fairy
Believix Fairy
lmodern1878

Tecna Sky

PostSubject: Re: REG: cuttin the cable to save money...   REG: cuttin the cable to save money... Eo1pl7YSun Aug 07, 2016 12:47 am

Personally I'd like to buy the episodes and keep them. Thus DVDs would come up cheaper in the long run for my shows in particular but that leaves mom struggling for her shows. Looking into it, considering mom has a job which pays most of the bills and I'm on a fixed budget of $942/month disability check it would be more budget friendly to pay for my DVDs
Back to top Go down
yukai5
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
yukai5

Musa Brandon

PostSubject: Re: REG: cuttin the cable to save money...   REG: cuttin the cable to save money... Eo1pl7YSun Aug 07, 2016 2:44 am

That's a great plan. It's more worth taking a step back and have a look at the situation as a whole. I do it all the time and it's way worth it in the long run.
Back to top Go down
talgoose
Sophix Fairy
Sophix Fairy
talgoose

Bloom Posts : 512
Hobbies : Magnanime, Movies, books

PostSubject: Re: REG: cuttin the cable to save money...   REG: cuttin the cable to save money... Eo1pl7YSun Aug 07, 2016 5:11 pm

very good idea, actually my father and me not have cable, and only have internet, specially because in the TV are not good show almost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REG: cuttin the cable to save money...   REG: cuttin the cable to save money... Eo1pl7Y

Back to top Go down

REG: cuttin the cable to save money...
Page 1 of 1