Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

Growing up reading Fantasy Stories 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

Growing up reading Fantasy Stories 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Growing up reading Fantasy Stories 29y2mzv

The RP Season

Season: Autumn
Month: October
Day: 28th
Year: 2016
Bookmark the forum
Bookmark and Share
Latest topics
» Who I am (StellaX)
Growing up reading Fantasy Stories Eo1pl7YMon Aug 07, 2023 3:14 pm by Florawinx

» Winx friends
Growing up reading Fantasy Stories Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:20 am by winx.crasherr

» Winx Club Online is back! + Winx Adventure Social Game!
Growing up reading Fantasy Stories Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:12 am by winx.crasherr

» Join the discord
Growing up reading Fantasy Stories Eo1pl7YFri Mar 31, 2023 10:55 pm by Pokémon Trainer

» suggestion: add a contact up form
Growing up reading Fantasy Stories Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:30 pm by lmodern2

» Old Member... New Name
Growing up reading Fantasy Stories Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:24 pm by lmodern2

» Introducing myself
Growing up reading Fantasy Stories Eo1pl7YWed Aug 17, 2022 3:27 pm by Flora 24

» Returning Years Later
Growing up reading Fantasy Stories Eo1pl7YMon Aug 15, 2022 8:18 pm by musa225

» IF OUR OC’S WERE IN FATE
Growing up reading Fantasy Stories Eo1pl7YThu Aug 11, 2022 1:00 am by Pokémon Trainer

MAGIC SPOTLIGHT
CONGRATULATIONS to these two BelieveInWinx members for becoming Contest Winners on the forum contest, Melodic Inspiration!!

- ELEIYA LILUM

- VARDA ELENTARI
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Team

ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.imgur.com/3wGxPoy.png
SUPER MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/2w8wb51.png

MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/94OjYzI.png https://i.imgur.com/prGNouv.png https://i.imgur.com/tVJO9a5.png
RP MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/H6heUyJ.png https://i.imgur.com/UgDXH9Q.png
Statistics
We have 7398 registered users
The newest registered user is Inaaya

Our users have posted a total of 222731 messages in 5649 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Growing up reading Fantasy Stories

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BelievixKid100
Harmonix Fairy
Harmonix Fairy
BelievixKid100

Flora Helia
Hobbies : Hospital Volunteer, Drawing, Music, watching vids online.

Growing up reading Fantasy Stories Empty
PostSubject: Growing up reading Fantasy Stories   Growing up reading Fantasy Stories Eo1pl7YWed Jun 05, 2013 5:37 pm

So this is about all versions of any fairytale you ever read. It can be from anywhere in the world however there are 7 most popular fairytales. Which are Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty and The Beast and The Frog Prince there are also several others from The Brother's Grimm, Hans Christian Andersen, Charles Perrault and other authors most of which are very different from their popular animated versions. There are too many for me to list but the first one I remember reading was The Grimm's version of Cinderella where everyone was beautiful, but the step sisters were just ugly on the inside also her mother's memory helps her go to the ball as the stunning dress and gold slippers came from, also Prince Charming is much more Charming than in some versions, he actually went to find Cinderella as well as the step sisters ailing themselves to fit in the slipper, they got their eyes pecked out by birds for doing that as well as other things.
Back to top Go down
Verbeley
Enchantix Fairy
Enchantix Fairy
Verbeley

Tecna Helia
Hobbies : visual arts, music, fantasy

PostSubject: Re: Growing up reading Fantasy Stories   Growing up reading Fantasy Stories Eo1pl7YWed Jun 05, 2013 6:06 pm

Hah spend much of my life reading tales and fairytales of Grimms, Perrault, Adersen in few translations, polish, russian, finnish, hungarian, "orient"- it was a specific region, but the book said orient, pretty old, btw, and more Very Happy

My childhood favourite are Donkeyskin, but in certain translation, cause it depicted the princess as self thinking and being content with the life she had after escaping her father's land and just being on her own.
And Andersen little mermaid, cause it had no villains (although I dare to say the prince was quite a jerk) and in the end leaves some hope.
Back to top Go down
http://verbeley.deviantart.pl
BelievixKid100
Harmonix Fairy
Harmonix Fairy
BelievixKid100

Flora Helia

PostSubject: Re: Growing up reading Fantasy Stories   Growing up reading Fantasy Stories Eo1pl7YWed Jun 05, 2013 6:17 pm

I too have read the Original Andersen Little Mermaid and it is painful to say the least, but it does take a break from all the villains vs hero conflict although you're right that prince was a jerk, the non-Disney adaptations do show the prince being much nicer infact there are some versions of the story where the prince and princess are just kids who want to see the other's world and when the princess becomes human via some magic way not always a seawitch, one version just had "Ariel or Marina's(used as the name in one version of the story since they never said what exactly her name was)" character just gaining legs by stepping on the sand. There's also one from the Grimm Brothers about the Juniper tree where again a jealous stepmother is the villain because the father favored his child that was red as blood white as snow usually a son but not always however the step sister after her mother kills the son buries his bones beneath the Juniper tree next to his mother which helped him get gifts for his father,sister and a punishment for his stepmother as a bird and he returns to normal once the stepmother is destroyed.
Back to top Go down
CorruptNix
Believix Fairy
Believix Fairy
CorruptNix

Musa Brandon
Hobbies : Student,Artist (amateur),writer, pacifist (I think)

PostSubject: Re: Growing up reading Fantasy Stories   Growing up reading Fantasy Stories Eo1pl7YWed Jun 05, 2013 6:46 pm

When I was younger I usually read the watered down versions of Anderson and Grimm then I moved on to Enid Blyton, whose books I still like to review because of their simplicity.I never read the original versions until after I got into secondary school.My favourites were Snow-white and Rose Red, the original Cinderella and Thumbelina. There is also the story that similar to the beauty and the beast when the beast was stolen by some sorceress yadayadayada and the one with a boy/prince that got sent to find something with his brothers(I think it was a princess or fountain of youth or a jewel or something and the brothers fell into some peril I think they got turned into stone.And another one about seven princes and a princess and their brother had to go on some journey to find them an got turned into a bird... I can't remember, I really need to brush on my fairy-tales. That dang story about the red shoes always freaked me out though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mikirisoul
BelievixKid100
Harmonix Fairy
Harmonix Fairy
BelievixKid100

Flora Helia

PostSubject: Re: Growing up reading Fantasy Stories   Growing up reading Fantasy Stories Eo1pl7YWed Jun 05, 2013 6:54 pm

The fountain of youth tale was called Water of Life in Grimm which features the princes of one kingdom going to get medicinal water for their father the King but the youngest was the only one to succeed and in addition rescue a princess and another King but the older brothers tricked the youngest eventually their father realized after his youngest and top knight ran away all because the older brothers were jealous and wanted to be the heir which was given to the youngest because he had his head screwed on straight if you know what i mean, they all went to get the princess but of course only the youngest was brave enough to go down the middle path and he had a happy life with his wife.
Back to top Go down
CorruptNix
Believix Fairy
Believix Fairy
CorruptNix

Musa Brandon
Hobbies : Student,Artist (amateur),writer, pacifist (I think)

PostSubject: Re: Growing up reading Fantasy Stories   Growing up reading Fantasy Stories Eo1pl7YWed Jun 05, 2013 7:15 pm

Ah, thanks, I could of sworn there was a story that suited the jewel, oh nevermind I think that might have been a chinese myth or something...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mikirisoul
BelievixKid100
Harmonix Fairy
Harmonix Fairy
BelievixKid100

Flora Helia

PostSubject: Re: Growing up reading Fantasy Stories   Growing up reading Fantasy Stories Eo1pl7YWed Jun 05, 2013 7:36 pm

Many stories come from many places, Grimm's BATB is Summer/Winter Garden which has a different take then the original French but the same idea that Disney teaches (and occasionally forgets nowadays), love is based on whether or not that person is a good person not how cute they are.

I have some illustrations for you from Cinderella and Snow White and the seven dwarfs, my version of course, Cinderella and the prince are both on the floor while snow white has the poison comb who's poison hasn't kicked in yet because it has to be placed in her hair and yes that's an apple on it.

Cinderella
[img]Growing up reading Fantasy Stories BwlGSZX[/img]

Snow White (From the Seven Dwarfs)
[img]Growing up reading Fantasy Stories CUIvCch[/img]

Last edited by BelievixKid100 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added some pictures that i had talked about)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Growing up reading Fantasy Stories   Growing up reading Fantasy Stories Eo1pl7Y

Back to top Go down

Growing up reading Fantasy Stories
Page 1 of 1