Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

Life Less Ordinary 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

Life Less Ordinary 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Life Less Ordinary 29y2mzv

The RP Season

Season: Autumn
Month: October
Day: 28th
Year: 2016
Bookmark the forum
Bookmark and Share
Latest topics
» Who I am (StellaX)
Life Less Ordinary Eo1pl7YMon Aug 07, 2023 3:14 pm by Florawinx

» Winx friends
Life Less Ordinary Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:20 am by winx.crasherr

» Winx Club Online is back! + Winx Adventure Social Game!
Life Less Ordinary Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:12 am by winx.crasherr

» Join the discord
Life Less Ordinary Eo1pl7YFri Mar 31, 2023 10:55 pm by Pokémon Trainer

» suggestion: add a contact up form
Life Less Ordinary Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:30 pm by lmodern2

» Old Member... New Name
Life Less Ordinary Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:24 pm by lmodern2

» Introducing myself
Life Less Ordinary Eo1pl7YWed Aug 17, 2022 3:27 pm by Flora 24

» Returning Years Later
Life Less Ordinary Eo1pl7YMon Aug 15, 2022 8:18 pm by musa225

» IF OUR OC’S WERE IN FATE
Life Less Ordinary Eo1pl7YThu Aug 11, 2022 1:00 am by Pokémon Trainer

MAGIC SPOTLIGHT
CONGRATULATIONS to these two BelieveInWinx members for becoming Contest Winners on the forum contest, Melodic Inspiration!!

- ELEIYA LILUM

- VARDA ELENTARI
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Team

ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.imgur.com/3wGxPoy.png
SUPER MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/2w8wb51.png

MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/94OjYzI.png https://i.imgur.com/prGNouv.png https://i.imgur.com/tVJO9a5.png
RP MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/H6heUyJ.png https://i.imgur.com/UgDXH9Q.png
Statistics
We have 7398 registered users
The newest registered user is Inaaya

Our users have posted a total of 222731 messages in 5649 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Life Less Ordinary

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Domino_kitty
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
Domino_kitty

Stella Riven
Location : I used to be on the East Coast of the US in beautiful WNY. Now I'm in Canada where we have a living wage and health care.
Hobbies : Political debates, reading, writing, procrastinating.

Life Less Ordinary Empty
PostSubject: Life Less Ordinary   Life Less Ordinary Eo1pl7YThu Aug 16, 2012 3:31 am

I just posted this on fanfiction a few minutes ago so this is the newest of the new stories. If you have a fanfiction account you can also read this story and others I haven't posted yet here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8433315/1/Life_Less_Ordinary

Life Less Ordinary

Note: This story takes place in the second season, so the Winx are in their second year at Alfea, and mine and Rogue Scholar's characters are in their first year at Cloud Tower. I hope that clears up some confusion.

Disclaimer: Winx Club is owned by a lot of people who aren't me including RAI and Viacom. If I owned Winx Club, do you seriously think I'd be writing fan fiction? I also don't own Wicked, but I can't remember who does at the moment. Oh yes, and any similarities between my characters and anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Dedication: Rogue Scholar my Winx Club partner in crime, my Beta Robert Teague for making me do the rough draft over and Angel, my friend who probably shook her head while being asked to help with the opening of the first chapter.

Chapter One: Instructions not Included

Blythe was happily humming along (albeit a bit off-key) to her favourite country song while going about ten kilometers over the speed limit on the back way to her small village. She was desperately trying to forget the scene at her soon-to-be former part-time job; and listening to Northern Girl by Terry Clark while the wind blew through her light brown hair was the perfect relief. Blythe was a normal girl (or so she wished to believe despite small nudges in the other direction for the past three weeks), not some spaz case who had dropped the new order of Canucks jerseys on her fellow co-worker after hearing that aforementioned co-worker had been cheating on her boyfriend while he was up at Ft. St. John doing seismic- that is, making seismic waves to detect deposits of oil, water, or minerals in the ground- for an out-of-province company. It didn't help that said boyfriend was one of Blythe's close friends, and none of their friends had trusted that co-worker since the guy had left.

Blythe couldn't figure out how that box had fallen since it was on the third rack from the top, nudge checked, and Blythe had only started climbing the ladder getting ready to move it so it could be unpacked. Somehow right after Elaina had mentioned that she was seeing a new guy named Mick, or Mack, or who gives a rat's ass, behind her boyfriend Daniel's back, the box Blythe was trying to get went flying onto the black-haired girl's head. It didn't matter how much she'd apologized, Elaina claimed she'd done it on purpose since Daniel and Blythe were friends. Adding that incident to the shoe incidents and the mannequin stuck on a thousand dollar mountain bike, and Blythe's manager decided to give her a week off with pay.

"Call it the first half of your mandatory two week holiday." Her manager had said with a head shake and a smile. "You've been working since school let out, and it's mid-August."

Blythe had agreed and now she found herself pulling into the drive of the small house just outside of town she shared with her aunt. Pulling her beat-up blue truck with the stylish green "L" magnet indicating her still-new license status to all drivers behind her aunt Renee's shinier and newer green Volvo, she cut the engine and went right inside the house. The walk was a short one, but Blyth cursed the recent strange events all the way from her vehicle to the front door. She bent down to take off her work shoes, and that's when Blythe realized her aunt had company. And the company was a lady with green skin and an odd purple hairdo.

"Sorry, I didn't realize we had company." Blythe said by way of apology while staring at the strange woman. She was taken aback by her aunt's visitor's appearance. Who wouldn't be? It was a woman who looked like The Wicked Witch of the West's double sitting on her bright blue rocking chair sipping tea. She was even wearing an outfit straight from Wicked which could have made her Elphaba's second sister. All the woman needed to do now was start singing. The hair could be explained away as a bad dye job, but skin just didn't turn green unless you were a frog. And the clothes, well she was an adult; maybe she was helping out at some heritage exhibition for the summer.

"Can I help you?" The woman asked breaking into Blythe's thoughts. The tone wasn't rude, just curious as to why she was being stared at.

"Sorry." She went back to removing her sneakers, this time more to save herself some embarrassment instead of trying to save her aunt's new floor.

"This is a surprise visit; Minerva Griffin is a friend from out of town." Her aunt Renee replied with a hint of a smile playing on her lips. "Why are you home so early? I thought your shift didn't end until four, and it's only one."

Blythe shook her head and sighed. "My manager for the day decided to start my mandatory holiday early because a box I was reaching for somehow dropped on Elaina." She confessed as she sank into the floral print sofa next to her aunt.

"Daniel's girlfriend, Elaina?" Renee asked wrinkling her narrow nose, a feature Blythe had thankfully avoided inheriting although she did share her aunt's hazel eyes and sandy brown hair. The nose set them apart; it was her mother's nose after all even if it was a little crooked.

"The exact same one, only she won't be his girlfriend for too much longer. That little witch is sneaking around on him!" Blythe's voice rose a few octaves as she told her aunt the news.

"I wasn't too fond of her anyway." Renee confessed. "Always saying one thing then doing something else. Elaina Martin always blew whichever way was easiest."

"I know, but should I text Daniel? Should I even admit I know? Maybe I should get Tegan to do it, except she's…." Then, realizing that the other woman was sitting on her aunt's recliner watching the two of them intently, she blushed.

"Sorry again, my aunt and I gossip a lot."

"That's fine." The plum haired woman replied smoothly. "Now, speaking of witches, Renee, should you tell her or shall I?"

"I think it would be better if she heard it from me." Renee answered, turning to Blythe she smiled again. "Bly, you know how you've been having these strange occurrences lately?"

Blythe nodded. "How can I forget? It's not every day you keep making sneakers sail at people's heads."

"And I'm guessing that box didn't just drop on Elaina by itself."

"I never touched it. But I wouldn't…."

"Not consciously you wouldn't," Renee interrupted, "But if you were a magical being who had the power to move things with her mind you could do it."

"If I could move things with my mind, I would have dropped the till on Elaina's head, not those Canucks jerseys." Blythe muttered darkly. "She is being a two timing sneaky whor… horrible person."

"I see your niece has a touch of the devious and is loyal. Those are excellent traits for a witch." Minerva Griffin announced happily. "Blythe, how would you like to start school early in another dimension? Cloud Tower is the perfect place for you."

"You're kidding right? A school in another dimension, I stopped believing in that when I stopped believing in Santa."

"Bly, she's not joking. This is a high honour; Cloud Tower is an elite school of witchcraft in the Magical Dimension." Aunt Renee argued.

"I'm sure it is, but I don't want to go play pretend. Besides wouldn't I have to be a witch to attend a witch school?"

"Well, here's the thing; you are a witch. Well, at least the descendant of one. Your mom attended Cloud Tower as well."

"You said my mom attended Salmon Arm Secondary with that guy in the library." Blythe shot back.

"I doctored a few yearbooks so it would look like you were a normal Earth girl." Renee shrugged as if it was a minor detail. "It was for the best at the time. I had no idea when your powers would manifest, or at all. And I had no idea how you would take to being told you aren't even from Earth.

When the signs appeared, I contacted Minerva since she's the Headmistress of Cloud Tower. I'm sorry I never told you before, but Ms. Griffin can teach you how to control your witch powers and hone them better than me." Renee stopped to take a breath and looked beseechingly at her niece.

"I never meant to keep all of this from you if that's what you're thinking. It's just really hard to find the right time to tell someone that they're from a planet they've never heard of and they're a witch besides."

Slowly Blythe turned and looked at her aunt. "You kept who I really was from me for sixteen years." She replied acidly as her voice picked up tempo. "And the only reason you decided to tell me that I was a witch of all things is because I started making things drop and explode!"

"Again, I felt it was for the best. I know I should have told you sooner and I'm sorry, but at least you get to go to a school to help you harness your powers."

"And now you want me to go away to a magical school run by a woman who looks like she had a rough night on a houseboat? After being told that I'm a witch and from another planet you're sending me away."

Renee sighed; this was not how she'd planned the conversation with Blythe to go. She had hoped that her niece would only be mildly shocked, but agree to go anyway. Renee hadn't planned for the temper explosion, which was reminiscent of the one her sister Regina had after finding out Queen Luna was banishing her from Solaria when she found out about the affair. Renee should have guessed Blythe wouldn't take this calmly.

"That's not the case at all." Renee argued back after waiting for Blythe to add anything else. "You're always saying that you want to learn more about your mom and our family, right?"

Blythe nodded not trusting herself to speak; she was still too upset about yet another family secret being kept from her. For all she knew she had some strange half-siblings raised on that supposed planet she was from. She searched around the room trying to find something to focus her attention on so she wouldn't have to look at her aunt or this Ms Minerva Griffin. Blythe's eyes rested on the strange jewelry box which had always sat on the mantle. The design was very intricate with a gold sun and silver moon intertwined on the lid and Blythe knew that despite its size the only jewelry in the box was a silver necklace with a locket. The design on the locket was a sun with yellow topaz stones around it. Blythe could never decide if she found the locket gauche or exotic, and her aunt never told her where either the box or the necklace came from.

"Blythe, I asked you a question." Her aunt said, nudging Blyth out of her thoughts. "I said, you know how you're always asking about your mom and our family?"

"What do you expect?" She asked glowering at her aunt, "You've kept too many secrets from me. The important ones at least."

"I'll tell you what, if you agree to go to Cloud Tower even just for a semester, I will give you that jewelry box and the necklace." Renee wheedled.

"How will that help me learn about my mom?"

"There are books in the Cloud Tower library that can help." Ms Griffin spoke up helpfully. "Some can only be opened with special magical objects from the realms whose history they hold."

"Yeah, that makes so much sense." Blythe replied forcing herself not to roll her eyes, and then she looked straight at her aunt. "So you're blackmailing me to go to this school?"

"Call it what you wish," Renee answered stoically, "but you do have to go to school soon and you said you weren't feeling challenged enough last year."

Blythe thought about that, SAS was a good school and she liked most of her teachers. But even with the advanced classes for English, math and science she felt something was lacking. She had originally blamed it on being moved ahead two grades and most of her friends being a year or two older than her. However, now that her aunt had dropped the bomb about her being a witch, Blythe now wondered if it could be because she was a magical being. That idea was quickly dropped because she doubted that people with magical powers were automatically better at basic school subjects. Blythe even doubted that the students at this school she was just now hearing about could even handle her course work.

"Are you saying that you believe I could be challenged more at Cloud Tower?" Blythe asked curiously. "Are the courses harder?"

"Just different." Ms Griffin replied. "They may seem harder to you because you've lived on Earth your whole life, so you haven't learned anything about magic or spells. I feel that this curriculum would be to your liking though."

"So are you willing to go or not?" Renee asked looking her niece in the eye.

"I guess," Blyth answered sounding resigned, "but before I go pack just tell me one thing."

"What is it?" Renee asked sounding suspicious.

"Why can't you just let me stay here and you can teach me about my powers since you obviously know a bit about magic and the magical dimension. Seeing as you and my mom were born there and you told me those yearbooks were magically tampered. You are not exactly what I'd call computer savvy."

Renee had the decency to blush. "Guilty as charged. Blythe I am sorry about lying to you really. But I'm a fairy, I attended the fairy school in Magix. You wouldn't want me to teach you."

"Are you sure?"

Ms Griffin snickered at the question and replied, "She's sure, alright. Renee DiLune wouldn't know the first thing about teaching a witch how to control her magic."

To Be Continued…

Well, that's done and over. I finally started a new chapter for the third time and I hope that this one goes better than my other two attempts. I feel that adding a character raised in Canada instead of the US would make a nice change. So read and give me some honest feedback.

Back to top Go down
LoveMusa991
Harmonix Fairy
Harmonix Fairy
LoveMusa991

Hobbies : Learning to play instruments

Life Less Ordinary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Less Ordinary   Life Less Ordinary Eo1pl7YThu Aug 16, 2012 8:39 am

Wow...nice work!!
Back to top Go down
Domino_kitty
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
Domino_kitty

Stella Riven
Location : I used to be on the East Coast of the US in beautiful WNY. Now I'm in Canada where we have a living wage and health care.
Hobbies : Political debates, reading, writing, procrastinating.

Life Less Ordinary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Less Ordinary   Life Less Ordinary Eo1pl7YFri Aug 17, 2012 5:36 pm

Thanks. I'm working on the 2nd chapter now. She'll meet Stella in the 3rd chapter but they won't know they're related for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Life Less Ordinary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Less Ordinary   Life Less Ordinary Eo1pl7Y

Back to top Go down

Life Less Ordinary
Page 1 of 1