Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

Food For Thought 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

Food For Thought 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Food For Thought 29y2mzv

The RP Season

Season: Autumn
Month: October
Day: 28th
Year: 2016
Bookmark the forum
Bookmark and Share
Latest topics
» Who I am (StellaX)
Food For Thought Eo1pl7YMon Aug 07, 2023 3:14 pm by Florawinx

» Winx friends
Food For Thought Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:20 am by winx.crasherr

» Winx Club Online is back! + Winx Adventure Social Game!
Food For Thought Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:12 am by winx.crasherr

» Join the discord
Food For Thought Eo1pl7YFri Mar 31, 2023 10:55 pm by Pokémon Trainer

» suggestion: add a contact up form
Food For Thought Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:30 pm by lmodern2

» Old Member... New Name
Food For Thought Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:24 pm by lmodern2

» Introducing myself
Food For Thought Eo1pl7YWed Aug 17, 2022 3:27 pm by Flora 24

» Returning Years Later
Food For Thought Eo1pl7YMon Aug 15, 2022 8:18 pm by musa225

» IF OUR OC’S WERE IN FATE
Food For Thought Eo1pl7YThu Aug 11, 2022 1:00 am by Pokémon Trainer

MAGIC SPOTLIGHT
CONGRATULATIONS to these two BelieveInWinx members for becoming Contest Winners on the forum contest, Melodic Inspiration!!

- ELEIYA LILUM

- VARDA ELENTARI
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Team

ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.imgur.com/3wGxPoy.png
SUPER MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/2w8wb51.png

MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/94OjYzI.png https://i.imgur.com/prGNouv.png https://i.imgur.com/tVJO9a5.png
RP MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/H6heUyJ.png https://i.imgur.com/UgDXH9Q.png
Statistics
We have 7398 registered users
The newest registered user is Inaaya

Our users have posted a total of 222731 messages in 5649 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

Food For Thought

Go down 
+2
Winxisawesome
Nicola_C
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nicola_C
Sophix Fairy
Sophix Fairy
Nicola_C

Musa Riven
Hobbies : Reading, Writing, Watching Anime :)

Food For Thought Empty
PostSubject: Food For Thought   Food For Thought Eo1pl7YWed Jul 04, 2012 2:56 am

Please note that this article was taken from Winx-Fairies Blogspot. I thought it was an interesting read and raised some issues that were on my mind. Please give some feedback.

What I need from Season 5
Posted by Tabby at 10:42 PM
Okay. I'm going to set something straight RIGHT NOW. I am going to have a hard time with Winx Season 5 if they don't at some point acknowledge the events of the Season 4 finale.

Both Aisha and the rest of the Winx made huge mistakes... Aisha when she, in a surprisingly Willow Rosenberg-esque plotline, went to the side of vengeance- and the Winx when they diminished the value of her grief and actually ATTACKED her for it. Yes, the last episode shows her being let back into the Winx inner circle... but hurtful words and actions were exchanged. That doesn't just go away.

I recognize that Winx Club is not always the most realistic show. And of course, nor is it the best with continuity (especially if you don't believe in the canon split theory). However, one of the things that has drawn me to the show since I was ten years old is the realism that isn't immediately obvious. No, most people don't believe in growing wings and going off to fairy school, because the realism in the show is from how the characters grow up. Every single character, even the commonly ignored ones like Tecna and Musa, has experienced some form of character develoupment since Season 1 began.

And as they grow up, so do their situations.

When I was ten, and the Winx were sixteen and seventeen, I related to how the girls were looking to find themselves. In Season 3, I related to their search for morality, how they were trying to learn what the right thing was, and how they always tried to do it. Even at great personal cost (remember the Water Stars plotline?). I watched Season 4 when I was seventeen, and the problems they faced echoed the problems of my emerging adulthood- getting a job, trying to make a path after school is finished, dealing with increasingly serious relationships, and your friends around you getting engaged!

Winx is a kids show, but it is the rare kids show that grows up. And I need Winx to keep this. As I, who will be nearly nineteen when the new season begins, learn to deal with the fallout of serious arguments... I need the Winx Club to learn, too. I need Winx Club to keep that realism, that personal growth that makes it stand out from so many other cartoons. I need to see the characters keep growing.

Back to top Go down
Winxisawesome
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
Winxisawesome

Stella Helia
Hobbies : sitting outside your window

Food For Thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food For Thought   Food For Thought Eo1pl7YWed Jul 04, 2012 4:20 am

Nicola_c wrote:
Please note that this article was taken from Winx-Fairies Blogspot. I thought it was an interesting read and raised some issues that were on my mind. Please give some feedback.

What I need from Season 5
Posted by Tabby at 10:42 PM
Okay. I'm going to set something straight RIGHT NOW. I am going to have a hard time with Winx Season 5 if they don't at some point acknowledge the events of the Season 4 finale.

Both Aisha and the rest of the Winx made huge mistakes... Aisha when she, in a surprisingly Willow Rosenberg-esque plotline, went to the side of vengeance- and the Winx when they diminished the value of her grief and actually ATTACKED her for it. Yes, the last episode shows her being let back into the Winx inner circle... but hurtful words and actions were exchanged. That doesn't just go away.

I recognize that Winx Club is not always the most realistic show. And of course, nor is it the best with continuity (especially if you don't believe in the canon split theory). However, one of the things that has drawn me to the show since I was ten years old is the realism that isn't immediately obvious. No, most people don't believe in growing wings and going off to fairy school, because the realism in the show is from how the characters grow up. Every single character, even the commonly ignored ones like Tecna and Musa, has experienced some form of character develoupment since Season 1 began.

And as they grow up, so do their situations.

When I was ten, and the Winx were sixteen and seventeen, I related to how the girls were looking to find themselves. In Season 3, I related to their search for morality, how they were trying to learn what the right thing was, and how they always tried to do it. Even at great personal cost (remember the Water Stars plotline?). I watched Season 4 when I was seventeen, and the problems they faced echoed the problems of my emerging adulthood- getting a job, trying to make a path after school is finished, dealing with increasingly serious relationships, and your friends around you getting engaged!

Winx is a kids show, but it is the rare kids show that grows up. And I need Winx to keep this. As I, who will be nearly nineteen when the new season begins, learn to deal with the fallout of serious arguments... I need the Winx Club to learn, too. I need Winx Club to keep that realism, that personal growth that makes it stand out from so many other cartoons. I need to see the characters keep growing.

Winx Club definitely isn't the most realistic show I have watched but there are some realistic problems raised in the show, as said in this article. Also they are raising serious issues in season 5 such as pollution.

Winx is aimed at 5-12 year olds. Most kids around this age (especially younger ones) wouldn't understand some important things happening in the show, like relationships, jobs, money etc. I guess this is why some things, like kissing scenes, were cut out because kids wouldn't like/understand these things. I don't know whether creators of the Winx Club know this, but there is A LOT of teenage fans (like most of us here!) out there. I think that they should raise the aimed audience from 5-12 yrs old to at least 7-14 years old. An older audience would be better for Winx, well that's my opinion anyways Razz
Back to top Go down
Nicola_C
Sophix Fairy
Sophix Fairy
Nicola_C

Musa Riven
Hobbies : Reading, Writing, Watching Anime :)

Food For Thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food For Thought   Food For Thought Eo1pl7YMon Jul 09, 2012 10:57 pm

I also agree... I'm 25 and I still watch the Winx Club. I was a teenager when I first saw Season 1. When I like something I tend to stick to it until the end... Watching the end of season 4 after such a long time I realised that the others were not as sympathetic with Aisha's grief as they could have been. I am not saying they should have said YES LETS AVENGE NABU'S DEATH! but at the same time they went from shock to telling Aisha what to do and that's not what she wants to hear... It was just all wrong. Every season of Winx, I have been able to relate to what they are going through and this Season was no exception. Some how after that I stopped seeing them at true friends (or Aisha as 1 of them) which is strange because that is an issue I am facing right now... Sigh maybe I'm just reading too much into it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Alpha0727
Winx Fairy
Winx Fairy
Alpha0727

Food For Thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food For Thought   Food For Thought Eo1pl7YTue Jul 10, 2012 12:05 am

Winxisawesome wrote:

Winx Club definitely isn't the most realistic show I have watched but there are some realistic problems raised in the show, as said in this article. Also they are raising serious issues in season 5 such as pollution.

Winx is aimed at 5-12 year olds. Most kids around this age (especially younger ones) wouldn't understand some important things happening in the show, like relationships, jobs, money etc. I guess this is why some things, like kissing scenes, were cut out because kids wouldn't like/understand these things. I don't know whether creators of the Winx Club know this, but there is A LOT of teenage fans (like most of us here!) out there. I think that they should raise the aimed audience from 5-12 yrs old to at least 7-14 years old. An older audience would be better for Winx, well that's my opinion anyways Razz

Well, if you have noticed, the rating for Winx Club is TV7. So, I think it is safe to assume that the show is being directed toward an old audience.
Back to top Go down
Winxisawesome
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
Winxisawesome

Stella Helia
Hobbies : sitting outside your window

Food For Thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food For Thought   Food For Thought Eo1pl7YTue Jul 10, 2012 12:28 am

Nicola_c wrote:
I also agree... I'm 25 and I still watch the Winx Club. I was a teenager when I first saw Season 1. When I like something I tend to stick to it until the end... Watching the end of season 4 after such a long time I realised that the others were not as sympathetic with Aisha's grief as they could have been. I am not saying they should have said YES LETS AVENGE NABU'S DEATH! but at the same time they went from shock to telling Aisha what to do and that's not what she wants to hear... It was just all wrong. Every season of Winx, I have been able to relate to what they are going through and this Season was no exception. Some how after that I stopped seeing them at true friends (or Aisha as 1 of them) which is strange because that is an issue I am facing right now... Sigh maybe I'm just reading too much into it. Sad
The others in the Winx failed to understand how Aisha was feeling. They probably knew that all of this happened from shock, anger and rage and was able to forgive her. You can't help how you react to major life changing events, which is something I have learned over the past 2 years. I can relate to how Aisha reacted to bad events, because it's kinda similar of what happened to me in the earthquakes my city has been having. You can't tell someone what to do after a serious event like what happened to me or Aisha. Once again, you can't help how you react to events.

Older fans like us understand things like this, but kids wouldn't notice and think it's just another happily ever after ending. Rainbow and Iginio Straffi have definitely undeveloped season 4 in many aspects Sad
Back to top Go down
SirenixWCTV
Believix Fairy
Believix Fairy
SirenixWCTV

Hobbies : Winx Club! :D, Reading, TV, Computers, Biking, Helping People, Technology, and Nature

Food For Thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food For Thought   Food For Thought Eo1pl7YTue Jul 10, 2012 2:13 am

I think you are all are about an older audience needed for Winx. I mean when an older person looks at Winx Club they see Fairies and quickly assume its a kid show. But if they would sit down and really watch I think they would be surprised to find out, like a post was made earlier that Winx Club can be related to a wide variety of issues that teenagers to young adults to older adults can relate too. But on the other side I can see that they aim for young kids and cut scenes out, change words, and rewrite the lines altogether to keep the attention of the kids.
Back to top Go down
vili567
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
vili567

Bloom Timmy
Hobbies : I like cars

Food For Thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food For Thought   Food For Thought Eo1pl7YSun Jul 22, 2012 8:41 am

If you think of it, why would 5 year olds watch 20 year old girls going through their daily life. (Which is being fairies and fighting evil)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/vili567?feature=mhee
firebid1030
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
firebid1030

Bloom Sky
Hobbies : working , playing on computer/phone, watch television/youtube videos, hanging with friends and family,,going to the movies,sleeping

Food For Thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food For Thought   Food For Thought Eo1pl7YSun Jul 22, 2012 8:51 am

i love winx and i'm almost 21
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/firebid1030?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

Food For Thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food For Thought   Food For Thought Eo1pl7Y

Back to top Go down

Food For Thought
Page 1 of 1