Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

STOP THE HATE 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Please Sign In/Register and join our community!
Get access to the latest news, episodes, and much more!

STOP THE HATE 33bzmae
Believe In Winx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
STOP THE HATE 29y2mzv

The RP Season

Season: Autumn
Month: October
Day: 28th
Year: 2016
Bookmark the forum
Bookmark and Share
Latest topics
» Who I am (StellaX)
STOP THE HATE Eo1pl7YMon Aug 07, 2023 3:14 pm by Florawinx

» Winx friends
STOP THE HATE Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:20 am by winx.crasherr

» Winx Club Online is back! + Winx Adventure Social Game!
STOP THE HATE Eo1pl7YFri Apr 21, 2023 3:12 am by winx.crasherr

» Join the discord
STOP THE HATE Eo1pl7YFri Mar 31, 2023 10:55 pm by Pokémon Trainer

» suggestion: add a contact up form
STOP THE HATE Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:30 pm by lmodern2

» Old Member... New Name
STOP THE HATE Eo1pl7YMon Aug 29, 2022 6:24 pm by lmodern2

» Introducing myself
STOP THE HATE Eo1pl7YWed Aug 17, 2022 3:27 pm by Flora 24

» Returning Years Later
STOP THE HATE Eo1pl7YMon Aug 15, 2022 8:18 pm by musa225

» IF OUR OC’S WERE IN FATE
STOP THE HATE Eo1pl7YThu Aug 11, 2022 1:00 am by Pokémon Trainer

MAGIC SPOTLIGHT
CONGRATULATIONS to these two BelieveInWinx members for becoming Contest Winners on the forum contest, Melodic Inspiration!!

- ELEIYA LILUM

- VARDA ELENTARI
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Team

ADMINISTRATORS
https://i.imgur.com/3wGxPoy.png
SUPER MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/2w8wb51.png

MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/94OjYzI.png https://i.imgur.com/prGNouv.png https://i.imgur.com/tVJO9a5.png
RP MODERATORS
https://i.imgur.com/H6heUyJ.png https://i.imgur.com/UgDXH9Q.png
Statistics
We have 7398 registered users
The newest registered user is Inaaya

Our users have posted a total of 222731 messages in 5649 subjects
Top posting users this month
No user

STOP THE HATE

Go down 
+7
azulaz
FloraEnchantedCharm
vili567
Kyra_Xyrespace
AngelicAura
TheOne&Only.WinxClub
shslwinxer
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
shslwinxer
Charmix Fairy
Charmix Fairy
shslwinxer

Flora Helia
Hobbies : watching anime, eating, sleeping, being lazy, making hair bows, writing, making videos

STOP THE HATE Empty
PostSubject: STOP THE HATE   STOP THE HATE Eo1pl7YThu Dec 12, 2013 5:22 am

This has been bothering me for far too long and I wish I would have stuck up for it at the time.. but I didn't. So I'm making a topic about it and letting out how upset I am about this. I'm not going to call anyone out, nor do I want to start drama, but here we go.

Oh, if you don't know what cosplay is, google it btw. But if you still don't understand it ask me and I'll explain. Smile Anyway....

A few weeks ago in the Believe in Winx chat box (maybe even a month ago), someone shared a picture of a Winx Club cosplay group and people (including the person who shared it) started making fun of them. I am a cosplayer myself. I was so disgusted and offended and all I said was "I think they look great." But looking back at it... I should have said more. I've seen these same cosplayers get picked on in YouTube comments as well. I've started to respond to these comments and report them for Harrassment/bullying.

Cosplaying is a hard hobby to do. And the group they shared did an excellent job with their costumes. The Flora was getting the most hate because she was a bit bigger than the rest of the girls. But you know what? She still looked amazing. I can never tolerate anyone making fun of a cosplayer just because they're bigger. And I've seen it happen aside from cosplay topics. There was a thread where it was talking about how Straffi wanted to do a live action thing one day and someone said "OH GREAT NOW WE'RE GOING TO GET FAT WINX!!" I confronted them but I don't think they ever saw my response.

Don't you understand that is cyberbullying? Judging cosplayers and people's sizes so harshly is just not ok. Maybe the cosplayers are beginners. And obviously from the look of that Winx Club cosplay group they weren't beginners. They did a better job than what I could ever do. How would you feel if you spent months putting together a group of people and having fun with one another as you talked about Winx and worked hours after hours that turned into months on accurate costumes, and then once you get out there, people hate on you and your happiness?

So long story short... don't shame cosplayers because you think it looks bad or they're "not the right size." Cosplaying is all about having fun and letting out your inner nerd. It's not about being perfect! So please... don't do that. I'm so tempted to confront the people who judged the cosplayers in the chat box but I won't. However, I hope they see this because it really really hurt me as a cosplayer myself. And I'm also a bigger girl. So how can I not take it on a personal level?

I hope moderators understand I'm not here to cause drama. I'm here to bring up this issue and try to stop the hate! It's sickening and it's needs to stop! Yes, I know the majority of the Winx fandom is young, but whatever age you are, you need to know that being mean to cosplayers is just WRONG! If you have an argument against why you think it isn't wrong, go for it. I would love to hear that. Because to be quite honest, there is not an argument out there to prove it. All in all, bullying is wrong. Let people have fun with their hobby.
Back to top Go down
TheOne&Only.WinxClub
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
TheOne&Only.WinxClub

Tecna Timmy
Hobbies : Making fanarts, Tumblr-ing, studying, using the computer, FANGIRLING, and watching Winx Club of course!

STOP THE HATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: STOP THE HATE   STOP THE HATE Eo1pl7YThu Dec 12, 2013 5:47 am

Ok, the thing is, you are not making drama. xD Don't worry, we all know that you are making us aware about it. Wink

Anyway, I get annoyed at those people too, one time, I showed a picture of some cosplayers of Percy Jackson and his friends, and many people say things like "He is too tall.", "He doesn't look like the character.", "She's not doing it right."
I responded to them, "Guys, don't say things like that, they try very hard to look like the characters, and you all should appreciate what they contribute to the fandom."

I know that some of the cosplayers aren't that much accurate, but I don't care, because what I care is that they contributed to our fandom, and they also did their best on making the costumes, or buy and modify the outfit. At least they have their own way of showing how they love Winx Club. Not humiliating themselves.

Seriously, I am annoyed with people who doesn't appreciate what others do for good.
Back to top Go down
AngelicAura
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
AngelicAura

Musa Riven
Hobbies : loving nico yazawa

STOP THE HATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: STOP THE HATE   STOP THE HATE Eo1pl7YThu Dec 12, 2013 6:44 am

I'm sorry,but the person you're talking about on the live action thread is me,I saw your response, and I replied.
Back to top Go down
Kyra_Xyrespace
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Kyra_Xyrespace

Stella Sky
Hobbies : Writing, playing games, moderating on another forum

STOP THE HATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: STOP THE HATE   STOP THE HATE Eo1pl7YThu Dec 12, 2013 6:47 am

I understand where you are coming from, but I will give you the cold reality: those people don't care.

Do I judge cosplayers? Well yeah, that's what their whole point is: have fun, dress up, and be the character. When I look at a person cosplaying, I do look at their talents (because they are all better than me and therefore far more talented and I envy them for that ability), but I also look at whether or not they are the character. (I even do this with actors: Ben Affleck cannot be Batman and that is my personal belief) Putting on the clothing is like putting on the costume for superheroes; you are no longer yourself but now the character (it has to do with carnivalism and wish-fulfillment and such).

Do I judge others harshly? No. I don't say them out loud because if it's not appropriate, then I have no reason to. But if I see something amiss, I will point it out (you can't have a giant gnome, nor can you have a small giant; kind of defeats the purpose, don't you think?). Can you stop others from saying harsh things about a cosplayer? Chances are, no. Why? Most likely because if you argue against them, it will only strengthen their resolve. Confrontation is tricky and will have to be handled carefully so that you're not coming off preachy to the other person. Chat mods should tell the person to back off if the person gets too confrontational about it (like saying "they should die"; yes I have heard that before - it fills me with so much hope for the upcoming generation and for humanity altogether), but you shouldn't be trying to force others to follow your way of thinking: people will comment nastily about cosplayers who don't meet their standards, and that's just the reality of life - for everything there is, there is always two sides.

Just my two cents in the dead of night when I should be sleeping since I'm nearly sleep deprived.

Last edited by Kyra_Xyrespace on Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1062727/AnimeGirl-144
shslwinxer
Charmix Fairy
Charmix Fairy
shslwinxer

Flora Helia
Hobbies : watching anime, eating, sleeping, being lazy, making hair bows, writing, making videos

STOP THE HATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: STOP THE HATE   STOP THE HATE Eo1pl7YThu Dec 12, 2013 7:03 am

newhere16 wrote:
I'm sorry,but the person you're talking about on the live action thread is me,I saw your response, and I replied.

was it you? I never saw it until now. I am truly sorry about that. It's just that when anyone says anything about bigger people it really triggers me so.. I'm so sorry. Sad

What honestly triggered me to make this topic was when I was browsing other cosplay videos of Winx and the comments were so hateful I wanted to scream. But honey, I'm sorry if I came off rude at all. I just hope you understand what I mean? I don't know... I'm just not the type to fight fire with fire I guess.

And for the response above, I see where you're coming from. However, I can't just sit here and let the judgement continue. I at least wanted to say something and get it off my chest instead of bottling it all up and exploding. You know? And yeah, constructive criticism is important. However, saying someone is "too fat" or harshly saying a piece of the costume "isn't right" is not the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Kyra_Xyrespace
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Kyra_Xyrespace

Stella Sky
Hobbies : Writing, playing games, moderating on another forum

STOP THE HATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: STOP THE HATE   STOP THE HATE Eo1pl7YThu Dec 12, 2013 7:25 am

People are able to say harsh comments because the internet is ambiguous. Chances are, you will never meet anyone on this forum in your lifetime, ever. So, with that assurance, people are more than happy to speak harsher than they would in a personal, face-to-face conversation. Hence why you're able to see all the harsh responses to cosplayers and probably why you're more willing to speak up against it.

If you're assuming I'm deterring you, have no fear because I'm not; I'm just making sure you understand the reality that you can't so much change a mind as you can tell them to not speak harshly about a cosplayer. However, if something isn't right (like a wrong material or a wrong clothing article or something) then it should be allowed to be addressed in a constructive manner. Telling someone "It looks stupid, fix it" hardly works out very well since it offers no substance, compared to "While that's a nice design, the skirt pattern is completely wrong."
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1062727/AnimeGirl-144
shslwinxer
Charmix Fairy
Charmix Fairy
shslwinxer

Flora Helia

STOP THE HATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: STOP THE HATE   STOP THE HATE Eo1pl7YThu Dec 12, 2013 7:30 am

No I didn't think you were deterring me at all!! You have a point. And I admire your opinion. It is very true what you are saying.
Back to top Go down
vili567
Sirenix Fairy
Sirenix Fairy
vili567

Bloom Timmy
Hobbies : I like cars

STOP THE HATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: STOP THE HATE   STOP THE HATE Eo1pl7YThu Dec 12, 2013 9:02 am

#StopTheHate
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/vili567?feature=mhee
FloraEnchantedCharm
Sophix Fairy
Sophix Fairy
FloraEnchantedCharm

Flora Helia
Hobbies : cosplaying, anime watching, Hotel receptionist (Front desk employee)

STOP THE HATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: STOP THE HATE   STOP THE HATE Eo1pl7YThu Dec 12, 2013 11:53 am

https://believeinwinx.forumotion.com/t3227-i-won-at-a-major-convention-contest-i-won-an-award-in-my-category
Wow! we have more in common than I thought! I'm a Flora enchantix and (planning to) a Flora Bloomix to-be cosplayer :p I am a little bigger than Flora and got on fb some harsh responses by some people (like: find the 10 differences and such) but I actually won in a major contest!
picture of me in my cosplay:
Back to top Go down
shslwinxer
Charmix Fairy
Charmix Fairy
shslwinxer

Flora Helia

STOP THE HATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: STOP THE HATE   STOP THE HATE Eo1pl7YThu Dec 12, 2013 12:09 pm

FloraEnchantedCharm wrote:
https://believeinwinx.forumotion.com/t3227-i-won-at-a-major-convention-contest-i-won-an-award-in-my-category
Wow! we have more in common than I thought! I'm a Flora enchantix and (planning to) a Flora Bloomix to-be cosplayer :p I am a little bigger than Flora and got on fb some harsh responses by some people (like: find the 10 differences and such) but I actually won in a major contest!
picture of me in my cosplay:

OMG YOUR COSPLAY IS SO AWESOME! Congrats on winning that contest! Great job for staying strong because you deserve that award! If you want to talk more about cosplay you can private message me if you want! Or we can make a separate topic so I can keep this one on topic but thanks for sharing that is fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

STOP THE HATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: STOP THE HATE   STOP THE HATE Eo1pl7Y

Back to top Go down

STOP THE HATE
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next